• Culture – This is a critical component. As an employee, we expect you to conduct yourself in a manner that reinforces the core values and mission of Calvary Chapel (Matthew 5:16)
• Ensures all services are properly prepared for and operate smoothly (Romans 12:4-6)
• Keep confidential all personal information on volunteers
• Assist with oversight and commencement of volunteers and training
• Assist in attaining goals, standards, and plans for future growth and events
• Ability to prioritize ministry, time management, incidents, and service-related items effectively and efficiently Ensures all services are properly prepared for and operate smoothly
• Plan ways to encourage additional volunteers to serve in Guest Services ministries (1 Peter 4:10)
• Ability to identify and utilize God’s giftings in others
• Coordinate regular discipleship into Guest Services Ministries (II Timothy 2:2)
• Provide leadership in areas regarding confronting and mediating conflict resolution with Guest Services volunteers and guests at services and events (Colossians 4:6)
• Provide input into fiscal budgets (I Corinthians 14:40)
• Seek and identify areas in Guest Services that may be improved upon and suggest possible improvements
• Function as a productive part of the church staff and attend staff meetings (Philippians 2:4)
• Other duties as assigned by Supervisor (Colossians 3:17)
• Establish consistent theme of communication and attitude behind the message
• Promote uniformity and unity amongst Guest Services as a whole and on individual teams (I Cor. 1:10)
• Communicate all church service information to the Guest Services teams
• Communication with CCM Guest Services Ministry Staff.
• Assist in maintaining volunteer job descriptions and manuals
• Assist in maintaining Viera campus procedure manuals and Viera campus maps
• Maintain ministry productivity and progress (Ephesians 4:3)
• Communication with volunteers and guests via one-on-one conversation, email, phone, and meetings as needed
• Communicate with safety and security and CCM to properly share information to Guest Services volunteers
• Coordinate with all ministry leaders that report to Guest Services (Philippians 2:4)
• Interact and coordinate with other ministries ensuring services, events, and activities are done with excellence
• Create opportunities for prayer, support groups and community within the ministry teams as well as finding ways to encourage and support the volunteers
• Reserve rooms, set-up sanctuary and distribute weekly and special event supplies
• Create and distribute Information to Guest Services leaders
• Restock materials and supplies needed for Guest Services team (Colossians 3:23)
• Prepare and deliver Information flyers and bulletins for Guest services team to distribute during services
• Manage details of campus facility, sanctuary and room set up/layout plan, and onsite storage
• Maintain organization of stored supplies (Resource closet, cabinets, shelves, bins, tubs, etc.) (I Cor. 15:58)
• Maintain volunteer and program schedules
• Flexible schedule and available to assist with events and special services (I Timothy 2:15)
• Calvary Chapel must be your home church and consider Pastor Mark your senior pastor
• Demonstrate a personal relationship with Jesus through spiritual and moral integrity (Romans 10: 9-10)
• Fruit of the Spirit is consistently displayed in your life (Galatians 5:22-23)
• Be a reflection of God’s love to colleagues and visitors (John 13:34-35)
• Mature, ongoing relationship with Christ and regularly attend church service
• Servant-heart and optimistic attitude (Philippians 2:3)
• A dependable team player who understands unity and works well with people (Ephesians 4:3)
• Ability to set boundaries to limit non-work-related communication
• Ability to stay within the parameters of the job description when on the clock
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of information
• Flexibility and ability to work with volunteers and people on staff
• Organized, ongoing learner
• Self-starting – can work with little supervision or direction
Colossians 3:23 And whatsoever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men.
Colossians 3:17 …whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus.
Colossians 4:6 Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person
I Corinthians 1:10 I appeal to you, brothers, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be united in the same mind and the same judgment.
1 Corinthians 14:40 But everything should be done in a fitting and orderly way.
1 Corinthians 15:58 So, my dear brothers and sisters, be strong in and immovable. Always work enthusiastically for the Lord, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless.
Ephesians 2:10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared…
Ephesians 4:3 Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.
Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
John 13:34-35 A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.
I Peter 4:10 As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace
Philippians 2:3 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves…
Philippians 2:4 Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others.
Romans 10:9-10 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.
Romans 12:4-6 For as in one body we have many members, and the members do not all have the same function, so we, though many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another. Having gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, in proportion to our faith
Romans 12:10 Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves.
II Timothy 2:2 And what you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses entrust to faithful men who will be able to teach others also
I Timothy 2:15 Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth
One True and Living God
There is one true and living God eternally existing in three persons: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, all equal in power and glory. This triune God created all things, upholds all things, and governs all things. God is all-powerful, all-knowing, and present everywhere. 1 John 5:7-8
The Bible consists of the 66 books of the Old and New Testament. The Bible is the only inspired, infallible, and authoritative Word of God. It is God's mind to us.
2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:20-21
God the Father
God the Father is an infinite, personal Spirit perfect in every way: holiness, wisdom, power, and love. He hears and answers prayer and interacts with mankind.
1 Corinthians 8:6; Ephesians 4:6; James 1:17
Jesus Christ, God's only begotten Son, conceived by the Holy Spirit - fully God and fully man. Born of a virgin, as predicted by Scripture, He lived a sinless life and performed miracles while on Earth. He accepted death on the cross as a sacrifice for our sins and was raised from the dead on the third day. He revealed himself to many before returning to Heaven as predicted in Scripture. We believe He will return to earth again. John 1:1; Romans 1:4; Colossians 1:15; Colossians 2:9, 1 Timothy 3:16; Galatians 4:4; Philippians 2:8; 1 Timothy 2:5; 2 Corinthians 5:21; 1 Corinthians 15:3-5; 1 Thessalonians 4:16
The Holy Spirit
The Holy Spirit is the third person of the Godhead. We believe that at salvation the Holy Spirit regenerates and indwells and seals every believer in the Lord Jesus Christ. He is our comforter, helper, teacher, and guide. (1 Corinthians 12:13; Matthew 12:31; Ephesians 4:4-6; John 14:26) The Holy Spirit helps to conform us to the likeness of Christ. We also believe that the Holy Spirit empowers us to live as witnesses for Christ and that comes from an experience of the Holy Spirit coming upon a believer to empower them as we see in the book of Acts. That event of being filled or baptized in the Spirit needs to translate into a lifestyle of continuing to be filled, led, and empowered by the Holy Spirit as Paul teaches in Ephesians 5:18. We believe that all the gifts of the Holy Spirit are available to His church today just like they were in the Early Church.
John 14:16-17;John 16:7-11;Titus 3:5-6;Romans 8:9;1 Corinthians 6:19-20;Ephesians 1:13-14;Acts 1:8;Titus 3:5-6;Romans 12:6-8;1 Corinthians 12-14;1 Peter 4:10-11
Our sin separates us from a Holy God. We all sin, both by nature and by choice. The only way we can have a relationship with God is by turning from our sin and accepting Jesus Christ as both Savior and Lord. Romans 3:21-26
Water Baptism and Communion
We water baptize new believers and regularly take communion. These practices were instituted by Christ, taught by the apostles, and practiced by the early church. God's ordinances demonstrate our living faith and obedience to Christ. Matthew 28:19-20; 1 Corinthians 11:23-25
We believe that God created mankind male and female. Men and women are both created in the image of God, and as such, they are equal in value, dignity, and worth, but different in function so as to complement and complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. Therefore, we perform marriages in accordance with the Bible consistent with the Old and New Testament precepts 1 Corinthians 7:1-3; Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:4-6
CALVARY CHAPEL MISSION STATEMENT
WIN a person to Jesus Christ - New converts bring excitement and infuse freshness into a body.
He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation.” Mark 16:15
DISCIPLE a person in Jesus Christ - Equipping believers gets them grounded in the Word. During this disciplining process, the person is being conformed to be like Jesus Christ. God has left all believers here on earth so that the Holy Spirit might indwell and empower them:
To think like Jesus thought……………………………….. Mind of Christ
To minister like Jesus did………………………………….. Works or Ministry of Christ
To be like Jesus…………………………………………………. Character of Christ
“Therefore, go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.” Matthew 28:19 -20
SEND a person for Jesus Christ - The world is in darkness and surviving without hope. Christians have been called to go and bring light and hope to these hurting people. We must have the compassion of Jesus.
“But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."
CALVARY CHAPEL CORE COMMITMENTS
If you have made a decision to follow Christ, then the 5 C's are your roadmap to an exciting walk with God! They are the key elements we find in Scripture that helped the disciples turn their world upside down! And for that reason, they're the heart and soul of who we are at CCM.
Be a growing follower of Christ. A committed Christ follower no longer leads his life; he chooses to follow God in full obedience to Him.
Live the fulfilling lifestyle. Here at CCM we celebrate our new life in Christ 24/7! He knows us by name, He forgives all our sins, He directs our steps, He gives us the power and desire to live for Him.
To others in personal vibrant relationships.
Share the good news to everyone everywhere. Jesus said, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation."
Your time, passion, talents and possessions. God's work on earth is accomplished by Christ followers who give what they have to bless others.