• Culture – This is a critical component. As an employee, we expect you to conduct yourself in a manner that reinforces the core values and mission of Calvary Chapel
• Help create disciples by encouraging church members to actively serve as volunteers (1 Thessalonians 5:11)
• Review incoming volunteer Red-Flags
• Work with volunteers to fit them into roles utilizing their spiritual gifts (1 Corinthians 12:4)
• Work with Ministry leaders to find volunteers where needed
• Work with The Director of Volunteers to continuously improve the volunteer process
• Work with Senior Pastor to resolve people issues in a Christ-like manner which may include stepping down a volunteer
• Contact, interview, and place volunteers where direct placement is not obvious
• Keep Ministry Platform updated and current with volunteer information
• Distribute new volunteer applications to proper ministry leaders and introduce new volunteers to ministry leaders
• Work closely with ministry leaders and understand how their ministries work in order to help with volunteer placement and guide volunteers according to the direction of ministry (1 Corinthians 14:40)
• Be available and respond to volunteer’s ideas, questions, and concerns
• Create all necessary documentation for volunteer meetings and events
• Listen, encourage, and motivate volunteers to serve with excellence and make God look good (1 Thess. 5:11)
• Be sensitive to the personal and spiritual needs of others
• Work with the Director of Volunteers when volunteers leave a ministry, change ministries, or add an additional ministry
• Travel to other campuses as needed
• Organize monthly appreciation snacks/meals (Psalm 107:37)
• Facilitate and organize annual volunteer leadership meeting (1 Corinthians 14:40)
• Schedule and train volunteers for the Information Center for services
• Communicate with Café and Childcare if needed for volunteer ministry events
• Be available to assist as needed at various events (Hebrews 10:24-25)
• Assist with daily administrative tasks (1 Corinthians 15:58)
• Manage details of assigned projects including special events, conferences, and seminars
• Develop reports and input yearly budgets into Shelby Financials
• Develop Event Request Forms (ERF) for events as needed
• Function as a productive part of the church staff and attend staff meetings (Romans 12:10)
• Other duties as assigned by Supervisor (Colossians 3:23)
• Calvary Chapel must be your home church and consider Pastor Mark your senior pastor
• Demonstrate a personal relationship with Jesus through spiritual and moral integrity (Romans 10:9-10)
• Fruit of the Spirit is consistently displayed in your life (Galatians 5:22-23)
• Be a reflection of God’s love to colleagues and visitors (John 13:34-35)
• Mature, ongoing relationship with Christ and regularly attend church services
• Strong commitment to the mission statement of Calvary Chapel Melbourne
• Servant-heart and optimistic attitude (Philippians 2:3)
• A dependable team player who understands unity and works well with people at all levels of the organization (Ephesians 4:3)
• Flexibility and ability to work with volunteers and staff (Romans 12:10)
• Multi-tasker who is flexible when interacting with people
• Organized and self-starting – can work with little supervision or direction
• Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
• Compassionate and flexible, willingness to pray with others, team player
• Creative and visionary
1 Corinthians 12:4 There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit.
I Corinthians 14:40 Let all things be done decently and in order
I Corinthians 15:58 Therefore my beloved, be steadfast, immovable, always excelling in the work of the Lord, because you know that in the Lord you labor is not in vain.
Ephesians 4:3 Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.
Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
Hebrews 10:24-25 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another – and all the more as you see the Day approaching.
John 13:34-35 A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples if you love one another.
Psalm 107:37 They sowed fields and planted vineyards that yielded a fruitful harvest.
Philippians 2:3 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves…
Romans 10:9-10 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.
Romans 12:10 Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves.
1 Thess. 5:11 Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.
One True and Living God
There is one true and living God eternally existing in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, all equal in power and glory. This triune God created all things, upholds all things, and governs all things. God is all-powerful, all-knowing, and present everywhere. 1 John 5:7-8
The Bible consists of the 66 books of the Old and New Testament. The Bible is the only inspired, infallible, and authoritative Word of God. It is God's mind to us. 2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:20-21
God the Father
God the Father is an infinite, personal Spirit perfect in every way: holiness, wisdom, power, and love. He hears and answers prayer and interacts with mankind. 1 Corinthians 8:6; Ephesians 4:6; James 1:17
Jesus Christ, God's only begotten Son, conceived by the Holy Spirit - fully God and fully man. Born of a virgin, as predicted by Scripture, He lived a sinless life and performed miracles while on Earth. He accepted death on the cross as a sacrifice for our sins and was raised from the dead on the third day. He revealed himself to many before returning to Heaven as predicted in Scripture. We believe He will return to earth again. John 1:1; Romans 1:4; Colossians 1:15; Colossians 2:9, 1 Timothy 3:16; Galatians 4:4; Philippians 2:8; 1 Timothy 2:5; 2 Corinthians 5:21; 1 Corinthians 15:3-5; 1 Thessalonians 4:16
The Holy Spirit
The Holy Spirit is the third person of the Godhead. We believe that at salvation the Holy Spirit regenerates and indwells and seals every believer in the Lord Jesus Christ. He is our comforter, helper, teacher, and guide. (1 Corinthians 12:13; Matthew 12:31; Ephesians 4:4-6; John 14:26) The Holy Spirit helps to conform us to the likeness of Christ. We also believe that the Holy Spirit empowers us to live as witnesses for Christ and that comes from an experience of the Holy Spirit coming upon a believer to empower them as we see in the book of Acts. That event of being filled or baptized in the Spirit needs to translate into a lifestyle of continuing to be filled, led, and empowered by the Holy Spirit as Paul teaches in Ephesians 5:18. We believe that all the gifts of the Holy Spirit are available to His church today just like they were in the Early Church. John 14:16-17;John 16:7-11;Titus 3:5-6;Romans 8:9;1 Corinthians 6:19-20;Ephesians 1:13-14;Acts 1:8;Titus 3:5-6;Romans 12:6-8;1 Corinthians 12-14;1 Peter 4:10-11
Our sin separates us from a Holy God. We all sin, both by nature and by choice. The only way we can have a relationship with God is by turning from our sin and accepting Jesus Christ as both Savior and Lord. Romans 3:21-26
Water Baptism and Communion
We water baptize new believers and regularly take communion. These practices were instituted by Christ, taught by the apostles, and practiced by the early church. God's ordinances demonstrate our living faith and obedience to Christ. Matthew 28:19-20; 1 Corinthians 11:23-25
We believe that God created mankind male and female. Men and women are both created in the image of God, and as such, they are equal in value, dignity, and worth, but different in function so as to complement and complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. Therefore, we perform marriages in accordance with the Bible consistent with the Old and New Testament precepts 1 Corinthians 7:1-3; Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:4-6
CALVARY CHAPEL MISSION STATEMENT
WIN a person to Jesus Christ - New converts bring excitement and infuse freshness into a body.
He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation.” Mark 16:15
DISCIPLE a person in Jesus Christ - Equipping believers gets them grounded in the Word. During this disciplining process, the person is being conformed to be like Jesus Christ. God has left all believers here on earth so that the Holy Spirit might indwell and empower them:
To think like Jesus thought……………………………….. Mind of Christ
To minister like Jesus did………………………………….. Works or Ministry of Christ
To be like Jesus…………………………………………………. Character of Christ
“Therefore, go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.” Matthew 28:19 -20
SEND a person for Jesus Christ - The world is in darkness and surviving without hope. Christians have been called to go and bring light and hope to these hurting people. We must have the compassion of Jesus.
“But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth." Acts 1:8
CALVARY CHAPEL CORE COMMITMENTS
If you have made a decision to follow Christ, then the 5 C's are your roadmap to an exciting walk with God! They are the key elements we find in Scripture that helped the disciples turn their world upside down! And for that reason, they're the heart and soul of who we are at CCM.
Be a growing follower of Christ. A committed Christ follower no longer leads his life; he chooses to follow God in full obedience to Him.
Live the fulfilling lifestyle. Here at CCM we celebrate our new life in Christ 24/7! He knows us by name, He forgives all our sins, He directs our steps, He gives us the power and desire to live for Him.
To others in personal vibrant relationships.
Share the good news to everyone everywhere. Jesus said, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation."
Your time, passion, talents and possessions. God's work on earth is accomplished by Christ followers who give what they have to bless others.