• Culture – This is a critical component. As an employee, we expect you to conduct yourself in a manner that reinforces the core values and mission of Calvary Chapel (Matthew 5:16)
• Check all employee data entry for accuracy
• Review benefit invoices monthly for accuracy
• Assist with all HR daily administrative tasks
• Send reviews, follow up on late reviews, keep review log current
• Work with Staff Pastor for audit information gathering as needed
• Collect, manage and properly code all credit card receipts, expense reports, purchasing requests, and maintain budget spreadsheets (Luke 16:11)
• Prepare agendas for team meetings and record notes at various meetings (1 Corinthians 14:40)
• Interface with all support departments to ensure consistency within proper guidelines
• Prepare HR paperwork for meetings as needed
• Help with HR team to complete end of the year and beginning of the year HR tasks (W2, 1095, Housing, etc)
• Assist with daily administrative tasks (1 Corinthians 15:58)
• Answer all telephone calls in a professional, friendly and timely manner; greet all visitors in a professional and friendly manner, determining the reason for their visit and get the necessary staff person when covering the front desk
• Function as a productive part of the church staff and attend staff meetings
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor
• Schedule and maintain:
o Meeting calendars
o Posts for Staff Care Facebook page
o Staff Care Folders
o Full Staff related spreadsheets
o Staff Care related spreadsheets
o Staff appreciation/award spreadsheets
• Help plan and set up Full Staff meetings and other staff related activities (Hebrews 10:24-25)
• Help coordinate Lunch and Learns, trainings and other staff developmental opportunities (Psalm 107:37)
• For staff related activities:
o Maintain basecamps
o Complete all required forms
o Order supplies necessary and maintain supply spreadsheet
o Reserve all rooms, equipment, tables, chairs, etc.
• Keep inventory and communicate with the necessary ministries involved to ensure Staff Care baskets, gift cards and staff appreciation items are readily available and are delivered in a timely manner
• Prepare hand-written cards for staff (1 Thessalonians 5:11)
• Minimal personal cell phone usage
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor (Colossians 3:23)
• Preferably, two to three years of experience in a field related to business administration – preferably a strong skill set in planning, resourcefulness and project management
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to deal with sensitive issues while exercising good judgment
• Excellent knowledge of proper grammar and punctuation
• Ability to work well with others and handle conflict according to Matthew 18
• Ability to solve problems and manage several tasks simultaneously
• Data driven, strong attention to detail and task oriented
• Excellent organizational skills
• Lead with humility
• Flexible and teachable
• Ability to adapt to change
• Ability to meet deadlines with minimal supervision
• Passionately committed to serve and work with excellence
• Actively engage with all staff
• Equip, Encourage, and empower staff
• Self-starter/independent worker – can work with little supervision or direction
• Computer Skills:
o Know and effectively use Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher and Canva
o Effectively learn and use Shelby, Basecamp, Ministry Platform and Access It! (Proverbs 2:10)
o Proficient typing skills (40 words per minute)
o Willingness to learn other programs as needed
• Calvary Chapel must be your home church and consider Pastor Dave Folkerts your senior pastor
• Demonstrate a personal relationship with Jesus through spiritual and moral (Romans 10:9-10)
• Fruit of the Spirit is consistently displayed in your life (Galatians 5:22-23)
• Be a reflection of God’s love to colleagues and visitors (John 13:34-35)
• Mature, ongoing relationship with Christ and regularly attend church service
• Servant-heart and optimistic attitude (Philippians 2:3)
• A dependable team player who understands unity and works well with people (Ephesians 4:3)
• Ability to set boundaries to limit non-work-related communication
• Ability to stay within the parameters of the job description when on the clock
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of information (Proverbs 21:23)
Matthew 5:16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.
Luke 16:11 So if you have not been trustworthy in handling worldly wealth, who will trust you with true riches?
1 Corinthians 14:40 But all things should be done decently and in order.
1 Corinthians 15:58 Therefore, my beloved, be steadfast, immovable, always excelling in the work of the Lord, because you know that in the Lord your labor is not in vain.
Hebrews 10:24-25 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another – and all the more as you see the Day approaching.
Psalm 107:37 They sowed fields and planted vineyards that yielded a fruitful harvest.
1 Thessalonians 5:11 Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.
Colossians 3:23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters.
Proverbs 2:10 For wisdom will enter your heart, and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul.
Romans 10:9-10 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.
Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
John 13:34-35 A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.
Philippians 2:3 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves…
Ephesians 4:3 Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.
Proverbs 21:23 Those who guard their mouths and their tongues keep themselves from calamity.
One True and Living God
There is one true and living
God eternally existing in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy
Spirit, all equal in power and glory. This triune God created all things,
upholds all things, and governs all things. God is all-powerful, all-knowing,
and present everywhere. 1 John 5:7-8
The Bible consists of the 66
books of the Old and New Testament. The Bible is the only inspired, infallible,
and authoritative Word of God. It is God's mind to us. 2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:20-21
God the Father
God the Father is an
infinite, personal Spirit perfect in every way: holiness, wisdom, power, and
love. He hears and answers prayer and interacts with mankind. 1 Corinthians 8:6; Ephesians 4:6; James 1:17
Jesus Christ, God's only
begotten Son, conceived by the Holy Spirit - fully God and fully man. Born of a
virgin, as predicted by Scripture, He lived a sinless life and performed
miracles while on Earth. He accepted death on the cross as a sacrifice for our
sins, and was raised from the dead on the third day. He revealed himself to
many before returning to Heaven as predicted in Scripture. We believe He will
return to earth again. John 1:1; Romans 1:4; Colossians 1:15; Colossians 2:9, 1 Timothy 3:16; Galatians 4:4; Philippians 2:8; 1 Timothy 2:5; 2 Corinthians 5:21; 1 Corinthians 15:3-5; 1 Thessalonians 4:16
The Holy Spirit
The Holy Spirit is the third
person of the Godhead. We believe that at salvation the Holy Spirit regenerates
and indwells and seals every believer in the Lord Jesus Christ. He is our
comforter, helper, teacher, and guide. (1 Corinthians 12:13; Matthew 12:31; Ephesians 4:4-6; John 14:26)
The Holy Spirit helps to conform us to the likeness of Christ. We also believe
that the Holy Spirit empowers us to live as witnesses for Christ and that comes
from an experience of the Holy Spirit coming upon a believer to empower them as
we see in the book of Acts. That event of being filled or baptized in the
Spirit needs to translate into a lifestyle of continuing to be filled, led, and
empowered by the Holy Spirit as Paul teaches in Ephesians 5:18. We believe that all the gifts of the
Holy Spirit are available to His church today just like they were in the Early
Church. John 14:16-17;John 16:7-11;Titus 3:5-6;Romans 8:9;1 Corinthians 6:19-20;Ephesians 1:13-14;Acts 1:8;Titus 3:5-6;Romans 12:6-8;1 Corinthians 12-14;1 Peter 4:10-11
Our sin separates us from a
Holy God. We all sin, both by nature and by choice. The only way we can have a
relationship with God is by turning from our sin and accepting Jesus Christ as
both Savior and Lord. Romans 3:21-26
Water Baptism and Communion
We water baptize new
believers and regularly take communion. These practices were instituted by
Christ, taught by the apostles, and practiced by the early church. God's
ordinances demonstrate our living faith and obedience to Christ. Matthew 28:19-20; 1 Corinthians 11:23-25
We believe that God created mankind male and female. Men and women
are both created in the image of God, and as such, they are equal in value,
dignity, and worth, but different in function so as to complement and complete
each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the
foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. Therefore,
we perform marriages in accordance with the Bible consistent with the Old and
New Testament precepts 1 Corinthians 7:1-3
CALVARY CHAPEL MISSION
WIN a person to Jesus Christ - New converts bring
excitement and infuse freshness into a body.
He said to them, "Go into all the world and
preach the good news to all creation.” Mark 16:15
DISCIPLE a person in Jesus Christ -
Equipping believers gets them grounded in the Word. During this disciplining process, the person
is being conformed to be like Jesus Christ.
God has left all believers here on earth so that the Holy Spirit might
indwell and empower them:
think like Jesus thought……………………………….. Mind of Christ
minister like Jesus did………………………………….. Works or Ministry of Christ
To be like
Jesus…………………………………………………. Character of Christ
and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and
of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have
commanded you.” Matthew 28:19 -20
SEND a person for Jesus Christ - The world is in darkness
and surviving without hope. Christians
have been called to go and bring light and hope to these hurting people. We must have the compassion of Jesus.
“But you will
receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses
in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."
CHAPEL CORE COMMITMENTS
If you have made a decision to follow
Christ, then the 5 C's are your roadmap to an exciting walk with God! They are
the key elements we find in Scripture that helped the disciples turn their
world upside down! And for that reason, they're the heart and soul of who we
are at CCM.
Be a growing follower of
Christ. A committed Christ follower no longer leads his life; he chooses to
follow God in full obedience to Him.
Live the fulfilling
lifestyle. Here at CCM we celebrate our new life in Christ 24/7! He knows us by
name, He forgives all our sins, He directs our steps, He gives us the power and
desire to live for Him.
To others in personal
Share the good news to
everyone everywhere. Jesus said, "Go into all the world and preach the
good news to all creation."
Your time, passion, talents and possessions. God's work on earth is
accomplished by Christ followers who give what they have to bless others.