Calvary Chapel Academy
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (Part-Time)
Hours: 29 Hours
Reports to: Director, Early Childhood
• Culture – This is a critical component. As an employee, we expect you to conduct yourself in a manner that reinforces the core values and mission of Calvary Chapel
• Exemplify and teach God’s love every day (Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth. 2 Timothy 2:15)
• Greet children and parents at the door every morning (…welcome one another as Christ has welcomed you, for the glory of God. Romans 15:7)
• Show kindness and respect to those you interact with
• Supervise the classroom, restroom, playground, or on school-related field trips
• Maintain a peaceful classroom environment while keeping it neat and orderly (For God is not a God of disorder but of peace—as in all the congregations of the Lord’s people
1 Corinthians 14:33)
• Prepare daily lessons and activities in advance and have all material ready for each day
• Planning and preparing the learning environment, setting up centers and preparing needed materials and supplies
• Model proper letter formation when writing, using proper grammar
• Preparing for Parent Conferences two times per year and as needed
• Teach lessons using age-appropriate activities
• Change classroom books as needed to match current themes
• Use current items to decorate classroom walls and hallway bulletin boards
• Collect a minimum of two items per child monthly and file in individual portfolios
• Communicate effectively with parents and students (Let your conversation be always full of grace Colossians 4:6)
• Speak clearly and kindly with all people
• Attend Christmas Program, Open House, as well as other after hour events as needed
• Performing some clerical tasks such as taking attendance, making copies, distributing classroom-related materials, maintaining classroom student files (And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work 2 Corinthians 9:8)
• Attend staff and division meetings
• Attend devotions consistently
• Earn a minimum of 10 Continuing Education hours per school year
• Keep all (students, parents, staff) personal and medical information confidential (Those who guard their mouths and their tongues keep themselves from calamity. Proverbs 21:23)
• Be familiar with emergency protocols
• Demonstrate the following character qualities: enthusiasm, courtesy, flexibility, integrity, gratitude, kindness, self-control, perseverance and punctuality (For it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure. Phillipians 2:13)
• Occasionally set up and run a preschool information table at weekend services at the Viera campus (So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9)
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor (Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters... Colossians 3:23)
• Education Level – Bachelor’s Degree
• Demonstrate a reasonable level of computer literacy, having a basic proficiency in doing word processing, emailing, and accessing the Internet
• Possess evidence of other adequate preparation, background, or experience as determined by the school administrator
• Possess good verbal and written communication skills
• Be a Christian role model in attitude, speech and actions toward others. (We are sure that we have a clear conscience and desire to live honorably in every way. Hebrews 13:18)
• Demonstrate a personal relationship with Jesus through spiritual and moral integrity (If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. Romans 10:9-10)
• Fruit of the Spirit is consistently displayed in your life (But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Galatians 5:22-23)
• Be a reflection of God’s love to colleagues and visitors (A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another. John 13:34-35)
• Mature and ongoing relationship with Christ
• Actively participate in a local Bible-believing church (Let us not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:25)
• A dependable team player who understands unity and works well with people (Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. Ephesians 4:3)
• Maintain high standards of ethics, honesty, and integrity in all personal and professional matters (We are sure that we have a clear conscience and desire to live honorably in every way. Hebrews 13:18)
• Servant-heart and optimistic attitude (Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves… Philippians 2:3)
• Have a conviction that God has called him/her to Christian school ministry
• Maintain high standards of ethics, honesty, and integrity in all personal and professional matters
• Follow the Matthew 18 principle in dealing with conflict
WIN a person to Jesus Christ - New converts bring excitement and infuse freshness into a body.
He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation.” Mark 16:15
DISCIPLE a person in Jesus Christ - Equipping believers gets them grounded in the Word. During this disciplining process, the person is being conformed to be like Jesus Christ. God has left all believers here on earth so that the Holy Spirit might indwell and empower them:
To think like Jesus thought………………………………..Mind of Christ
To minister like Jesus did…………………………………..Works or Ministry of Christ
To be like Jesus………………………………………………….Character of Christ
“Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.” Matthew 28:19 -20
SEND a person for Jesus Christ - The world is in darkness and surviving without hope. Christians have been called to go and bring light and hope to these hurting people. We must have the compassion of Jesus.
“But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth." Acts 1:8
If you have made a decision to follow Christ, then the 5 C's are your roadmap to an exciting walk with God! They are the key elements we find in Scripture that helped the disciples turn their world upside down! And for that reason, they're the heart and soul of who we are at CCM.
Be a growing follower of Christ. A committed Christ follower no longer leads his life; he chooses to follow God in full obedience to Him.
Live the fulfilling lifestyle. Here at CCM we celebrate our new life in Christ 24/7! He knows us by name, He forgives all our sins, He directs our steps, He gives us the power and desire to live for Him.
To others in personal vibrant relationships.
Share the good news to everyone everywhere. Jesus said, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation."
Your time, passion, talents and possessions. God's work on earth is accomplished by Christ followers who give what they have to bless others.