VPK Teacher’s Aide/Aftercare Worker-Viera
Calvary Chapel Academy
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (Part-Time)
Hours: 29 Hours
Reports to: Teacher
Teacher’s Aide Job Responsibilities:
• Culture – This is a critical component. As an employee, we expect you to conduct yourself in a manner that reinforces the core values and mission of Calvary Chapel
• Greet children and parents at the door every morning
• Assist the supervising teacher(s) in the following:
o Implementation of the daily program
o Planning and preparing the learning environment, setting up centers and preparing needed materials and supplies (Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it. Proverbs 22:6)
o Supervision at snack time
o Establishing order in the classroom, cafeteria, playground or on school-related field trips
o Reinforce teacher instruction to students, working with students on an individual or small group basis at the supervising teacher’s direction
o In any other appropriate way helping with general housekeeping in the classroom
• Accompany and supervise students going on bathroom breaks, to chapel and other activities
• Supervising the classroom when the supervising teacher(s) is out of the room
• Performing clerical tasks such as taking attendance, making copies, distributing classroom-related materials, maintaining classroom student files collecting lunch money, collecting papers from students, passing out papers to students, keeping pencils sharpened, and keeping track of tallies and writing up daily tally reports (And whatsoever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men. Colossians 3:23)
• Perform any other duties that may be assigned by supervisor (And whatsoever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men. Colossians 3:23)
Aftercare Worker Job Responsibilities:
• Prepare materials and equipment for after school activities (For it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure. Philippians 2:13)
• Maintain a clean and orderly environment for students (For God is not a God of disorder but of peace—as in all the congregations of the Lord’s people. 1 Corinthians 14:33)
• Supervise students at all times
• Enforce school discipline rules (Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. Ephesians 4:3)
• Follow attendance, punctuality and proper attire as stated in the handbook
• Ensure adherence to good safety standards, including taking charge and directing children in case of an emergency
• Keep CCA administration informed of potential problems or unusual events (Have confidence in your leaders and submit to their authority, because they keep watch over you as those who must give an account. Hebrews 13:17)
• Respond to inquiries and concerns in a timely manner
• Able to lift 35 lbs. Any item over 35 lbs will require two people to lift
• Keep all (students, parents, staff) personal and medical information confidential (Those who guard their mouths and their tongues keep themselves from calamity. Proverbs 21:23)
• Attend and participate in scheduled devotional, in-service, retreat, committee, faculty and Parent Teacher Fellowship meetings
• Support the school by attending extracurricular activities when possible
• Education Level – high school diploma or a GED equivalent
• Demonstrate a reasonable level of computer literacy, having a basic proficiency in doing word processing, emailing and accessing the Internet
• Possess good verbal and written communication skills
• Possess evidence of other adequate preparation, background, or experience as determined by the school administrator
• Demonstrate the following character qualities: enthusiasm, courtesy, flexibility, integrity, gratitude, kindness, self-control, perseverance and punctuality
• Be familiar with emergency protocols
• Demonstrate a personal relationship with Jesus through spiritual and moral integrity (If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. Romans 10:9-10)
• Fruit of the Spirit is consistently displayed in your life (But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Galatians 5:22-23)
• Be a reflection of God’s love to colleagues and visitors (A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another. John 13:34-35)
• Be a Christian role model in attitude, speech and actions toward others
• Mature and ongoing relationship with Christ
• Actively participate in a local Bible-believing church
• A dependable team player who understands unity and works well with people (Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. Ephesians 4:3)
• Servant-heart and optimistic attitude (Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves… Philippians 2:3)
• Maintain high standards of ethics, honesty, and integrity in all personal and professional matters (We are sure that we have a clear conscience and desire to live honorably in every way. Hebrews 13:18)
• Have a conviction that God has called him/her to Christian school ministry
• Follow the Matthew 18 principle in dealing with conflict
WIN a person to Jesus Christ - New converts bring excitement and infuse freshness into a body.
He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation.” Mark 16:15
DISCIPLE a person in Jesus Christ - Equipping believers gets them grounded in the Word. During this disciplining process, the person is being conformed to be like Jesus Christ. God has left all believers here on earth so that the Holy Spirit might indwell and empower them:
To think like Jesus thought………………………………..Mind of Christ
To minister like Jesus did…………………………………..Works or Ministry of Christ
To be like Jesus………………………………………………….Character of Christ
“Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.” Matthew 28:19 -20
SEND a person for Jesus Christ - The world is in darkness and surviving without hope. Christians have been called to go and bring light and hope to these hurting people. We must have the compassion of Jesus.
“But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth." Acts 1:8
If you have made a decision to follow Christ, then the 5 C's are your roadmap to an exciting walk with God! They are the key elements we find in Scripture that helped the disciples turn their world upside down! And for that reason, they're the heart and soul of who we are at CCM.
Be a growing follower of Christ. A committed Christ follower no longer leads his life; he chooses to follow God in full obedience to Him.
Live the fulfilling lifestyle. Here at CCM we celebrate our new life in Christ 24/7! He knows us by name, He forgives all our sins, He directs our steps, He gives us the power and desire to live for Him.
To others in personal vibrant relationships.
Share the good news to everyone everywhere. Jesus said, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation."
Your time, passion, talents and possessions. God's work on earth is accomplished by Christ followers who give what they have to bless others.