Calvary Chapel Academy
FLSA Status: Exempt (Full-Time)
Hours: 40 Hours
Reports to: Administrator over Grade
• Culture – This is a critical component. As an employee, we expect you to conduct yourself in a manner that reinforces the core values and mission of Calvary Chapel
• Teach classes as assigned following the curriculum, curriculum guides and prescribed scope and sequence as provided by administration (Start children off on the way they should go and even when they are old they will not turn from it. Proverbs 22:6)
• Plan broadly, through the use of semester and quarterly plans and objectives, and more currently, through the use of lesson plans
• Plan a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests and abilities of the student, challenging each to do his/her best (Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves… Philippians 2:3)
• Utilize valid teaching techniques to achieve curriculum goals within the framework of the school’s philosophy
• Employ a variety of instructional aids, methods, and materials that will provide for creative teaching to reach the whole child: spiritual, mental, physical, social and emotional
• Plan through approved channels the balanced classroom use of field trips, guest speakers and other media
• Use homework effectively for drill, review, enrichment or project work
• Assess the learning of students on a regular basis and provide progress reports as required (Beware that you don’t look down on any of these little ones. For I tell you that in heaven their angels are always in the presence of my heavenly Father. Matthew 18:10)
• Maintain regular and accurate attendance and grade records to meet the demands for a comprehensive knowledge of each student’s progress
• Keep students, parents and administration adequately informed of progress or deficiencies and give sufficient notice of failure (For God is not a God of disorder but of peace—as in all the congregations of the Lord’s people. 1 Corinthians 14:33)
• Recognize the need for good public relations. Represent the school in a favorable and professional manner to the school’s constituency and the general public (Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth. 2 Timothy 2:15)
• Keep the proper discipline in the classroom and on the school premises for a good learning environment
• Maintain a clean, attractive, well-ordered classroom (For God is not a God of disorder but of peace—as in all the congregations of the Lord’s people. 1 Corinthians 14:33)
• Prepare adequate information and materials for a substitute teacher
• Reflect the purpose of the school which is to honor Christ in every class and in every activity (Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. Ephesians 4:3)
• Integrate biblical principles and the Christian philosophy of education throughout the curriculum and activities
• Keep all (students, parents, staff) personal and medical information confidential
• Attend and participate in scheduled devotional, in-service, retreat, committee, faculty, and Parent Teacher Fellowship meetings (Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters... Colossians 3:23)
• Know the procedures for dealing with issues of an emergency nature
• Supervise extracurricular activities, organizations, and outings as assigned
• Support the broader program of the school by attending extracurricular activities when possible
• Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the administration (And whatsoever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men. Colossians 3:23)
• Hold the minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited postsecondary institution in related field
• Hold a minimum of an ACSI temporary teacher certification or be willing to participate in a program to complete the requirements for certification within a specified time period
• 5 years teaching experience preferred, but not required
• Demonstrate a reasonable level of computer literacy, having a basic proficiency in doing word processing, emailing, and accessing the Internet
• Possess evidence of other adequate preparation, background, or experience as determined by the school administrator
• Possess good verbal and written communication skills. Communicate in a clear, professional manner with godly wisdom (The hearts of the wise make their mouths prudent, and their lips promote instruction. Proverbs 16:23)
• Meet everyday stress with emotional stability, objectivity and optimism
• Motivate students to accept God’s gift of salvation and help them grow in their faith through their witness and Christian Role modeling (A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another. John 13:34-35)
• Have a conviction that God has called him/her to Christian school ministry
• Follow the Matthew 18 principle in dealing with conflict
• Demonstrate, as evidence of a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, the character qualities of enthusiasm, courtesy, flexibility, integrity, gratitude, kindness, self-control, perseverance and punctuality (But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Galatians 5:22-23)
• Shall notify the administration of any policy he/she is unable to support
• Provide input and constructive recommendations for administrative and managerial functions in the school
• Place his/her teaching ministry ahead of other jobs or volunteer activities
• Sign and live by the school’s lifestyle statement as a condition for employment and continued employment with the school
• Seek the counsel of an administrator, colleagues, and parents while maintaining a teachable attitude
• Utilize educational opportunities and evaluation processes for professional growth
• Maintain a personal appearance that is a Christian role model of cleanliness, modesty, good taste, and agreement with school policy
• A reflection of God’s love to colleagues and visitors through a servant heart and optimistic attitude (A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another. John 13:34-35)
• Actively participate in a local Bible-believing church
• A dependable team player who understands unity and works well with people (Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. Ephesians 4:3)
WIN a person to Jesus Christ - New converts bring excitement and infuse freshness into a body.
He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation.” Mark 16:15
DISCIPLE a person in Jesus Christ - Equipping believers gets them grounded in the Word. During this disciplining process, the person is being conformed to be like Jesus Christ. God has left all believers here on earth so that the Holy Spirit might indwell and empower them:
To think like Jesus thought……………………………….. Mind of Christ
To minister like Jesus did………………………………….. Works or Ministry of Christ
To be like Jesus…………………………………………………. Character of Christ
“Therefore, go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.” Matthew 28:19 -20
SEND a person for Jesus Christ - The world is in darkness and surviving without hope. Christians have been called to go and bring light and hope to these hurting people. We must have the compassion of Jesus.
“But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth." Acts 1:8
If you have made a decision to follow Christ, then the 5 C's are your roadmap to an exciting walk with God! They are the key elements we find in Scripture that helped the disciples turn their world upside down! And for that reason, they're the heart and soul of who we are at CCM.
Be a growing follower of Christ. A committed Christ follower no longer leads his life; he chooses to follow God in full obedience to Him.
Live the fulfilling lifestyle. Here at CCM we celebrate our new life in Christ 24/7! He knows us by name, He forgives all our sins, He directs our steps, He gives us the power and desire to live for Him.
To others in personal vibrant relationships.
Share the good news to everyone everywhere. Jesus said, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation."
Your time, passion, talents and possessions. God's work on earth is accomplished by Christ followers who give what they have to bless others.