• Culture – This is a critical component. As an employee, we expect you to conduct yourself in a manner that reinforces the core values and mission of Calvary Chapel
o Enter daily cash receipts in accounting software (other than contributions)
o Perform sales audit for bookstores (comparing cash receipts and sales income)
o Review sales audit for cafes, prepared by Bookkeeper-Cash Receipts (For God is not a God of disorder but of peace… 1 Corinthians 14:33)
o Enter online event sales income in accounting software
o Record returned checks and follow-up with ministries to recollect funds (But everything should be done in a fitting and orderly way. 1 Corinthians 14:40)
• CCA Accounting Support
o Support school accounting staff with daily billing/payment issues
o Meet with school management staff regarding current issues, as needed
o Prepares account analyses assigned (Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. Philippians 2:4)
• CCA Accounting Support
o Prepare journal entries to record billing transaction totals from RenWeb to Shelby
o Reconcile RenWeb and Shelby balances
o Record staff school discounts (As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace. 1 Peter 4:10)
o Update account analyses for school billing accounts in Shelby
o Update write-offs log
o Update fund balances analysis and share with school management
• File Form 5578 documenting continuing implementation of nondiscrimination policy at school
• Keep confidential all personal information related to donations and money received
• Assist other accounting team members, as needed (Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. 1 Thessalonians 5:11)
• Other Duties as assigned by supervisor
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Effectively use Microsoft Office Software including Word and Excel for procedures and spreadsheets
• Effectively use Microsoft Outlook for email, calendars, tasks, and contacts (Commit your work to the LORD, and your plans will be established. Proverbs 16:3)
• Ability to learn and utilize Ministry Platform (ministry database/contributions software)
• Ability to learn and utilize ShelbyNext (accounting software)
• Five years of accounting experience
• College-level accounting coursework preferred
• Calvary Chapel must be your home church and consider Pastor Mark your senior pastor
• Demonstrate a personal relationship with Jesus through spiritual and moral integrity
(If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. Romans 10:9-10)
• Fruit of the Spirit is consistently displayed in your life (But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Galatians 5:22-23)
• Be a reflection of God’s love to colleagues and visitors (A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another. John 13:34-35)
• Mature, ongoing relationship with Christ and regularly attend church services
• Servant-heart and optimistic attitude (Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves… Philippians 2:3)
• A dependable team player who understands unity and works well with people at all levels of the organization (Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. Ephesians 4:3)
• Willingness to pray with others
• Flexibility and ability to work with volunteers and people on staff
• Organized, ongoing learner, strategic planner, who can work with little supervision
WIN a person to Jesus Christ - New converts bring excitement and infuse freshness into a body.
He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation.” Mark 16:15
DISCIPLE a person in Jesus Christ - Equipping believers gets them grounded in the Word. During this disciplining process, the person is being conformed to be like Jesus Christ. God has left all believers here on earth so that the Holy Spirit might indwell and empower them:
To think like Jesus thought……………………………….. Mind of Christ
To minister like Jesus did………………………………….. Works or Ministry of Christ
To be like Jesus…………………………………………………. Character of Christ
“Therefore, go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.” Matthew 28:19 -20
SEND a person for Jesus Christ - The world is in darkness and surviving without hope. Christians have been called to go and bring light and hope to these hurting people. We must have the compassion of Jesus.
“But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth." Acts 1:8
If you have made a decision to follow Christ, then the 5 C's are your roadmap to an exciting walk with God! They are the key elements we find in Scripture that helped the disciples turn their world upside down! And for that reason, they're the heart and soul of who we are at CCM.
Be a growing follower of Christ. A committed Christ follower no longer leads his life; he chooses to follow God in full obedience to Him.
Live the fulfilling lifestyle. Here at CCM we celebrate our new life in Christ 24/7! He knows us by name, He forgives all our sins, He directs our steps, He gives us the power and desire to live for Him.
To others in personal vibrant relationships.
Share the good news to everyone everywhere. Jesus said, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation."
Your time, passion, talents and possessions. God's work on earth is accomplished by Christ followers who give what they have to bless others.