• Teach classes as assigned following the curriculum, curriculum guides and prescribed scope and sequence as provided by administration
• Plan broadly, through the use of semester and quarterly plans and objectives, and more currently, through the use of lesson plans f6
• Plan a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests and abilities of the student, challenging each to do his/her best
• Utilize valid teaching techniques to achieve curriculum goals within the framework of the school’s philosophy f5
• Employ a variety of instructional aids, methods, and materials that will provide for creative teaching to reach the whole child: spiritual, mental, physical, social and
• Plan through approved channels the balanced classroom use of field trips, guest speakers and other media f2
• Use homework effectively for drill, review, enrichment or project work
• Assess the learning of students on a regular basis and provide progress reports as required
• Maintain regular and accurate attendance and grade records to meet the demands for a comprehensive knowledge of each student’s progress f8
• Keep students, parents and administration adequately informed of progress or deficiencies and give sufficient notice of failure
• Recognize the need for good public relations. Represent the school in a favorable and professional manner to the school’s constituency and the general public
• Keep the proper discipline in the classroom and on the school premises for a good learning environment f9
• Maintain a clean, attractive, well-ordered classroom f3
• Prepare adequate information and materials for a substitute teacher
• Reflect the purpose of the school which is to honor Christ in every class and in every activity
• Integrate biblical principles and the Christian philosophy of education throughout the curriculum and activities f11
• Keep all (students, parents, staff) personal and medical information confidential f4
• Attend and participate in scheduled devotional, in-service, retreat, committee, faculty, and Parent Teacher Fellowship meetings f7
• Know the procedures for dealing with issues of an emergency nature
• Supervise extracurricular activities, organizations, and outings as assigned
• Support the broader program of the school by attending extracurricular activities when possible f10
• Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the administration
• Have a conviction that God has called him/her to Christian school ministry
• Follow the Matthew 18 principle in dealing with conflict
• Demonstrate, as evidence of a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, the character qualities of enthusiasm, courtesy, flexibility, integrity, gratitude, kindness, self-control, perseverance and punctuality
• Shall notify the administration of any policy he/she is unable to support
• Provide input and constructive recommendations for administrative and managerial functions in the school
• Place his/her teaching ministry ahead of other jobs or volunteer activities
• Sign and live by the school’s lifestyle statement as a condition for employment and continued employment with the school
• Seek the counsel of an administrator, colleagues, and parents while maintaining a teachable attitude
• Utilize educational opportunities and evaluation processes for professional growth
• Maintain a personal appearance that is a Christian role model of cleanliness, modesty, good taste, and agreement with school policy
• A reflection of God’s love to colleagues and visitors through a servant heart and optimistic
• Actively participate in a local Bible-believing church
• A dependable team player who understands unity and works well with people
> f1 Be shepherds of God’s flock that is under your care, watching over them—not because you must, but because you are willing, as God wants you to be; not pursuing dishonest gain, but eager to serve; not lording it over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock. 1 Peter 5:2-3
> f2 I know, my God, that you test the heart and are pleased with integrity. All these things I have given willingly and with honest intent. And now I have seen with joy how willingly your people who are here have given to you. 1 Chronicles 29:17
> f3 But everything should be done in a fitting and orderly way. 1 Corinthians 14:40
> f4 Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. Philippians 2:4
> f5 Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God's grace in its various forms. 1 Peter 4:10
> f6 Commit your work to the LORD, and your plans will be established. Proverbs 16:3
> f7 Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing. 1 Thessalonians 5:11
> f8 Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. Ephesians 4:3
> f9 Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9
> f10 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves. Philippians 2:3
One True and Living God
There is one true and living God eternally existing in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, all equal in power and glory. This triune God created all things, upholds all things, and governs all things. God is all-powerful, all-knowing, and present everywhere. 1 John 5:7-8
The Bible consists of the 66 books of the Old and New Testament. The Bible is the only inspired, infallible, and authoritative Word of God. It is God's mind to us. 2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:20-21
God the Father
God the Father is an infinite, personal Spirit perfect in every way: holiness, wisdom, power, and love. He hears and answers prayer and interacts with mankind. 1 Corinthians 8:6; Ephesians 4:6; James 1:17
Jesus Christ, God's only begotten Son, conceived by the Holy Spirit - fully God and fully man. Born of a virgin, as predicted by Scripture, He lived a sinless life and performed miracles while on Earth. He accepted death on the cross as a sacrifice for our sins and was raised from the dead on the third day. He revealed himself to many before returning to Heaven as predicted in Scripture. We believe He will return to earth again. John 1:1; Romans 1:4; Colossians 1:15; Colossians 2:9, 1 Timothy 3:16; Galatians 4:4; Philippians 2:8; 1 Timothy 2:5; 2 Corinthians 5:21; 1 Corinthians 15:3-5; 1 Thessalonians 4:16
The Holy Spirit
The Holy Spirit is the third person of the Godhead. We believe that at salvation the Holy Spirit regenerates and indwells and seals every believer in the Lord Jesus Christ. He is our comforter, helper, teacher, and guide.
(1 Corinthians 12:13; Matthew 12:31; Ephesians 4:4-6; John 14:26) The Holy Spirit helps to conform us to the likeness of Christ.
We also believe that the Holy Spirit empowers us to live as witnesses for Christ and that comes from an experience of the Holy Spirit coming upon a believer to empower them as we see in the book of Acts. That event of being filled or baptized in the Spirit needs to translate into a lifestyle of continuing to be filled, led, and empowered by the Holy Spirit as Paul teaches in Ephesians 5:18. We believe that all of the gifts of the Holy Spirit are available to His church today just like they were in the Early Church. John 14:16-17; John 16:7-11; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 6:19-20; Ephesians 1:13-14; Acts 1:8; Titus 3:5-6; Romans 12:6-8;
1 Corinthians 12-14; 1 Peter 4:10-11
Our sin separates us from a Holy God. We all sin, both by nature and by choice. The only way we can have a relationship with God is by turning from our sin and accepting Jesus Christ as both Savior and Lord.
Water Baptism and Communion
We water baptize new believers and regularly take communion. These practices were instituted by Christ, taught by the apostles, and practiced by the early church. God's ordinances demonstrate our living faith and obedience to Christ. Matthew 28:19-20; 1 Corinthians 11:23-25
We believe that God created mankind male and female. Men and women are both created in the image of God, and as such, they are equal in value, dignity, and worth, but different in function so as to complement and complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. Therefore, we perform marriages in accordance with the Bible consistent with the Old and New Testament precepts
1 Corinthians 7:1-3; Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:4-6
CALVARY CHAPEL MISSION STATEMENT
WIN a person to Jesus Christ - New converts bring excitement and infuse freshness into a body.
He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation.” Mark 16:15
DISCIPLE a person in Jesus Christ - Equipping believers gets them grounded in the Word. During this disciplining process, the person is being conformed to be like Jesus Christ. God has left all believers here on earth so that the Holy Spirit might indwell and empower them:
To think like Jesus thought……………………………….. Mind of Christ
To minister like Jesus did………………………………….. Works or Ministry of Christ
To be like Jesus…………………………………………………. Character of Christ
“Therefore, go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.” Matthew 28:19 -20
SEND a person for Jesus Christ - The world is in darkness and surviving without hope. Christians have been called to go and bring light and hope to these hurting people. We must have the compassion of Jesus.
“But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth." Acts 1:8
CALVARY CHAPEL CORE COMMITMENTS
If you have made a decision to follow Christ, then the 5 C's are your roadmap to an exciting walk with God! They are the key elements we find in Scripture that helped the disciples turn their world upside down! And for that reason, they're the heart and soul of who we are at CCM.
Be a growing follower of Christ. A committed Christ follower no longer leads his life; he chooses to follow God in full obedience to Him.
Live the fulfilling lifestyle. Here at CCM we celebrate our new life in Christ 24/7! He knows us by name, He forgives all our sins, He directs our steps, He gives us the power and desire to live for Him.
To others in personal vibrant relationships.
Share the good news to everyone everywhere. Jesus said, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation."
Your time, passion, talents and possessions. God's work on earth is accomplished by Christ followers who give what they have to bless others.