• Culture – This is a critical component. As an employee, we expect you to conduct yourself in a manner that reinforces the core values and mission of Calvary Chapel
• Greet children and parents at the door every morning f3
• Supervision in the classroom, cafeteria, restroom, playground or on school-related field trips f4
• Maintain peaceful classroom environment while keeping it neat and orderly f6
• Prepare and display an organized environment and maintain godly character
• Prepare daily lessons and activities in advance and have all material ready for each day
• Planning and preparing the learning environment, setting up centers and preparing needed materials and supplies
• Model proper letter formation and grammar when writing
• Preparing for Parent Conferences two times per year and as needed
• Teach lessons using age-appropriate activities f7
• Change classroom books as needed to match current themes
• Use current items to decorate classroom walls and hallway bulletin boards
• Collect a minimum of two items per child monthly and file in individual portfolios
• Attend Christmas Program, Open House, as well as other after hour events as needed
• Attend staff, division meetings and devotions consistently
• Performing some clerical tasks such as taking attendance, making copies, distributing classroom-related materials, maintaining classroom student files, collecting lunch money, collecting papers from students, passing out papers to students and keeping track of tallies and writing up daily tally reports f5
• Earn a minimum of 10 Continuing Education hours per school year
• VPK Assessment two times per year
• Keep all (students, parents, staff) personal and medical information confidential
• Be familiar with emergency protocols f1
• Demonstrate the following character qualities: enthusiasm, courtesy, flexibility, integrity, gratitude, kindness, self-control, perseverance and punctuality f12
• Perform other duties that may be assigned by supervisor
• Be a Christian role model in attitude, speech and actions toward others
• Actively participate in a local Bible-believing church f4
• Demonstrate a personal relationship with Jesus through spiritual and moral integrity f9
• Fruit of the Spirit is consistently displayed in your life f10
• Be a reflection of God’s love to colleagues and visitors
• Mature, ongoing relationship with Christ and regularly attend church services
• Maintain high standards of ethics, honesty, and integrity in all personal and professional matters
• Servant-heart and optimistic attitude f8
• Have a conviction that God has called him/her to Christian school ministry
• Maintain high standards of ethics, honesty and integrity in all personal and professional matters
• Follow the Matthew 18 principle in dealing with conflict
> f1 let the wise listen and add to their learning, and let the discerning get guidance. Proverbs 1:5
> f2 Start children off on the way they should go and even when they are old they will not turn from it. Proverbs 22:6
> f3 Beware that you don’t look down on any of these little ones. For I tell you that in heaven their angels are always in the presence of my heavenly Father. Matthew 18:10
> f4 Have confidence in your leaders and submit to their authority, because they keep watch over you as those who must give an account. Hebrews 13:17
> f5 for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose. Philippians 2:3
> f6 But everything should be done in a fitting and orderly way. 1 Corinthians 14:40
> f7 Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. Philippians 2:4
> f8 Commit your work to the LORD, and your plans will be established. Proverbs 16:3
> f9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. Romans 10:9-10
> f10 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Galatians 5:22-23
> f11 A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples if you love one another.
> f12 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves… Philippians 2:3
One True and Living God
There is one true and living God eternally existing in three persons: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, all equal in power and glory. This triune God created all things, upholds all things, and governs all things. God is all-powerful, all-knowing, and present everywhere. 1 John 5:7-8
The Bible consists of the 66 books of the Old and New Testament. The Bible is the only inspired, infallible, and authoritative Word of God. It is God's mind to us. 2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:20-21
God the Father
God the Father is an infinite, personal Spirit perfect in every way: holiness, wisdom, power, and love. He hears and answers prayer and interacts with mankind. 1 Corinthians 8:6; Ephesians 4:6; James 1:17
Jesus Christ, God's only begotten Son, conceived by the Holy Spirit - fully God and fully man. Born of a virgin, as predicted by Scripture, He lived a sinless life and performed miracles while on Earth. He accepted death on the cross as a sacrifice for our sins and was raised from the dead on the third day. He revealed himself to many before returning to Heaven as predicted in Scripture. We believe He will return to earth again. John 1:1; Romans 1:4; Colossians 1:15; Colossians 2:9, 1 Timothy 3:16; Galatians 4:4; Philippians 2:8; 1 Timothy 2:5; 2 Corinthians 5:21; 1 Corinthians 15:3-5; 1 Thessalonians 4:16
The Holy Spirit
The Holy Spirit is the third person of the Godhead. We believe that at salvation the Holy Spirit regenerates and indwells and seals every believer in the Lord Jesus Christ. He is our comforter, helper, teacher, and guide. (1 Corinthians 12:13; Matthew 12:31; Ephesians 4:4-6; John 14:26) The Holy Spirit helps to conform us to the likeness of Christ. We also believe that the Holy Spirit empowers us to live as witnesses for Christ and that comes from an experience of the Holy Spirit coming upon a believer to empower them as we see in the book of Acts. That event of being filled or baptized in the Spirit needs to translate into a lifestyle of continuing to be filled, led, and empowered by the Holy Spirit as Paul teaches in Ephesians 5:18.
We believe that all of the gifts of the Holy Spirit are available to His church today just like they were in the Early Church. John 14:16-17; John 16:7-11; Titus 3:5-6; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 6:19-20; Ephesians 1:13-14; Acts 1:8; Romans 12:6-8;
1 Corinthians 12-14; 1 Peter 4:10-11
Our sin separates us from a Holy God. We all sin, both by nature and by choice. The only way we can have a relationship with God is by turning from our sin and accepting Jesus Christ as both Savior and Lord. Romans 3:21-26
Water Baptism and Communion
We water baptize new believers and regularly take communion. These practices were instituted by Christ, taught by the apostles, and practiced by the early church. God's ordinances demonstrate our living faith and obedience to Christ. Matthew 28:19-20;
1 Corinthians 11:23-25
We believe that God created mankind male and female. Men and women are both created in the image of God, and as such, they are equal in value, dignity, and worth, but different in function so as to complement and complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. Therefore, we perform marriages in accordance with the Bible consistent with the Old and New Testament precepts 1 Corinthians 7:1-3; Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:4-6
Calvary Chapel Mission Statement
WIN a person to Jesus Christ - New converts bring excitement and infuse freshness into a body.
He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation.” Mark 16:15
DISCIPLE a person in Jesus Christ - Equipping believers gets them grounded in the Word. During this disciplining process, the person is being conformed to be like Jesus Christ. God has left all believers here on earth so that the Holy Spirit might indwell and empower them:
To think like Jesus thought……………………………….. Mind of Christ
To minister like Jesus did………………………………….. Works or Ministry of Christ
To be like Jesus…………………………………………………. Character of Christ
“Therefore, go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.” Matthew 28:19 -20
SEND a person for Jesus Christ - The world is in darkness and surviving without hope. Christians have been called to go and bring light and hope to these hurting people. We must have the compassion of Jesus.
“But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth." Acts 1:8
If you have made a decision to follow Christ, then the 5 C's are your road map to an exciting walk with God! They are the key elements we find in Scripture that helped the disciples turn their world upside down! And for that reason, they're the heart and soul of who we are at CCM.
Be a growing follower of Christ. A committed Christ follower no longer leads his life; he chooses to follow God in full obedience to Him.
Live the fulfilling lifestyle. Here at CCM we celebrate our new life in Christ 24/7! He knows us by name, He forgives all our sins, He directs our steps, He gives us the power and desire to live for Him.
To others in personal vibrant relationships.
Share the good news to everyone everywhere. Jesus said, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation."
Your time, passion, talents and possessions. God's work on earth is accomplished by Christ followers who give what they have to bless others.