Calvary Chapel Academy
FLSA Status: Exempt (Full-Time)
Hours: 40 Hours
Reports to: CCA Director of Elementary
· Minimum of five years working in this field
· Effectively and clearly provide information to supervisors, parents, teachers, and other professionals by phone, in person, in written form, or by email or other electronic method of communication f1
· Maintain confidentiality regarding school/workplace matters
· Be familiar with emergency protocols
Student Resource Instruction
· Act as a liaison to parents and teachers with regards to student concerns, academic and behavioral issues
· Provide parents and teachers with suggestions on how to be more effective with Specific Learning Disability students
· Meet with other professionals to discuss individual students’ needs and progress
· Prepare an Individual Education Plan (IEP), Student Plan (SP), or Service Plan for each child identified as having learning disabilities or other special needs
· Meet with parents and guardians to discuss their children’s progress, and to determine their priorities for their children and their resource needs f5
Student Resource Coordination
Teacher Resource Coordination
· Conduct an annual evaluation of the personnel in the Resource Department
Student Hearing and Vision Screening
· Education Level – Bachelor’s Degree in Special Education (A Master’s Degree in Special Education is preferred.)
· Hold a minimum of an ACSI temporary teacher certification or be willing to participate in a program to complete the requirements for certification within a specified time period
· Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
· Demonstrate a superior level of computer proficiency
· Be able to multi-task and have disciplined time-management skills
· Physical Abilities – Routine physical activities that are required to fulfill job responsibilities
· Understand the importance of discernment, discretion, and confidentiality in the operation of the school
· Keep all (students, parents, staff) personal and medical information confidential
· An annual evaluation shall be conducted by his/her supervisor for the purpose of encouraging growth and professional development
Demonstrate a personal relationship
with Jesus through spiritual and moral integrity
· Fruit of the Spirit is consistently displayed in your life
· Be a reflection of God’s love to colleagues and visitors
· Mature, ongoing relationship with Christ and regularly attend church service
· Servant-heart and optimistic attitude
· A dependable team player who understands unity and works well with people
· Ability to set boundaries to limit non-work-related communication
· Ability to stay within the parameters of the job description when on the clock
· Ability to maintain confidentiality of information
· Flexibility and ability to work with volunteers and people on staff f8
· Organized, ongoing learner
There is one true and living God eternally existing in three persons: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, all equal in power and glory. This triune God created all things, upholds all things, and governs all things. God is all-powerful, all-knowing, and present everywhere. 1 John 5:7-8
God the Father is an infinite, personal Spirit perfect in every way: holiness, wisdom, power, and love. He hears and answers prayer and interacts with mankind. 1 Corinthians 8:6; Ephesians 4:6; James 1:17
Jesus Christ, God's only begotten Son, conceived by the Holy Spirit - fully God and fully man. Born of a virgin, as predicted by Scripture, He lived a sinless life and performed miracles while on Earth. He accepted death on the cross as a sacrifice for our sins and was raised from the dead on the third day. He revealed himself to many before returning to Heaven as predicted in Scripture. We believe He will return to earth again.
The Holy Spirit is the third person of the Godhead. We believe that at salvation the Holy Spirit regenerates and indwells and seals every believer in the Lord Jesus Christ. He is our comforter, helper, teacher, and guide.
We also believe that the Holy Spirit empowers us to live as witnesses for Christ and that comes from an experience of the Holy Spirit coming upon a believer to empower them as we see in the book of Acts.
That event of being filled or baptized in the Spirit needs to translate into a lifestyle of continuing to be filled, led, and empowered by the Holy Spirit as Paul teaches in Ephesians 5:18. We believe that all of the gifts of the Holy Spirit are available to His church today just like they were in the Early Church. John 14:16-17; John 16:7-11; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 6:19-20; Ephesians 1:13-14; Acts 1:8; Titus 3:5-6; Romans 12:6-8;
1 Corinthians 12-14; 1 Peter 4:10-11
Our sin separates us from a Holy God. We all sin, both by nature and by choice. The only way we can have a relationship with God is by turning from our sin and accepting Jesus Christ as both Savior and Lord.
We water baptize new believers and regularly take communion. These practices were instituted by Christ, taught by the apostles, and practiced by the early church. God's ordinances demonstrate our living faith and obedience to Christ. Matthew 28:19-20; 1 Corinthians 11:23-25
We believe that God created mankind male and female. Men and women are both created in the image of God, and as such, they are equal in value, dignity, and worth, but different in function so as to complement and complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. Therefore, we perform marriages in accordance with the Bible consistent with the Old and New Testament precepts 1 Corinthians 7:1-3; Genesis 2:24;
CALVARY CHAPEL MISSION STATEMENT
WIN a person to Jesus Christ - New converts bring excitement and infuse freshness into a body.
He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation.” Mark 16:15
DISCIPLE a person in Jesus Christ - Equipping believers gets them grounded in the Word. During this disciplining process, the person is being conformed to be like Jesus Christ. God has left all believers here on earth so that the Holy Spirit might indwell and empower them:
To think like Jesus thought……………………………….. Mind of Christ
To minister like Jesus did………………………………….. Works or Ministry of Christ
To be like Jesus…………………………………………………. Character of Christ
“Therefore, go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.” Matthew 28:19 -20
SEND a person for Jesus Christ - The world is in darkness and surviving without hope. Christians have been called to go and bring light and hope to these hurting people. We must have the compassion of Jesus.
“But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth." Acts 1:8
CALVARY CHAPEL CORE COMMITMENTS
If you have made a decision to follow Christ, then the 5 C's are your roadmap to an exciting walk with God! They are the key elements we find in Scripture that helped the disciples turn their world upside down! And for that reason, they're the heart and soul of who we are at CCM.
Be a growing follower of Christ. A committed Christ follower no longer leads his life; he chooses to follow God in full obedience to Him.
Live the fulfilling
lifestyle. Here at CCM we celebrate our new life in Christ 24/7! He knows us by
name, He forgives all our sins, He directs our steps, He gives us the power and
desire to live for Him.
To others in personal vibrant relationships.
Share the good news to everyone everywhere. Jesus said, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation."