Calvary Chapel Academy
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (Part-Time)
Hours: TBD (22-29), Part-Time
Reports to: Director, Early Childhood
· Assist the supervising teacher(s) in the following:
o Implementation of the daily program
o Planning and preparing the learning environment, setting up centers and preparing needed materials and supplies
o Establishing order in the classroom, cafeteria, playground or on school-related field trips
o Reinforce teacher instruction to students, working with students on an individual or small group basis at the supervising teacher’s direction
o VPK Assessment two times per year
o Preparing for Parent Conferences two times per year and as needed
o Collect a minimum of two items per child monthly and file in individual portfolios
o Use current items to decorate classroom walls and hallway bulletin boards
o Change classroom books as needed to match current themes
· Greet children and parents at the door every morning
· Communicate effectively with parents and studentsf3
· Performing clerical tasks such as taking attendance, making copies, distributing classroom-related materials, maintaining classroom student files, collecting lunch money, collecting papers from students, passing out papers to students, keeping pencils sharpened and keeping track of tallies and writing up daily tally reports f4
· Accompany and supervise students going on bathroom breaks and to the library, specials, and other activities and while the teacher is out of the room
· Ensure adherence to good safety standards, including taking charge and directing children in case of an emergency (be familiar “Preparedness Plan” booklet)
· Attend and participate in scheduled devotional, in-service, retreat, committee, faculty, and Parent Teacher Fellowship meetings
· Support the school by attending extracurricular activities when possible
· Perform any other duties that may be assigned by supervisor
· Education Level – high school diploma or a GED equivalent
· Demonstrate a reasonable level of computer literacy, having a basic proficiency in doing word processing, emailing, and accessing the Internet
· Possess evidence of other adequate preparation, background or experience as determined by the school administrator
· Possess good verbal and written communication skills
· Be a Christian role model in attitude, speech, and actions toward others
· Mature and ongoing relationship with Christ
· Actively participate in a local Bible-believing church
· Maintain high standards of ethics, honesty, and integrity in all personal and professional matters f13
· Have a conviction that God has called him/her to Christian school ministry
· Maintain high standards of ethics, honesty, and integrity in all personal and professional matters
· Follow the Matthew 18 principle in dealing with conflict
f1 Pay careful attention to yourselves and to all the flock, in which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers… Acts 20:28
f2 For God is not a God of disorder but of peace—as in all the congregations of the Lord’s people 1 Corinthians 14:33
f3 Let your conversation be always full of grace. Colossians 4:6
f4 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters. Colossians 3:23
f5 Those who guard their mouths and their tongues keep themselves from calamity. Proverbs 21:23
f6 Pray for us; for we are confident that we have a good conscience… Hebrews 13:18
f7 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit… Philippians 2:3
f8 Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. Ephesians 4:3
f9 The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness self-control…Gal 5:22-23
f10 A new command I give you: Love one another… 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples… John 13:34-35
There is one true and living God eternally existing in three persons: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, all equal in power and glory. This triune God created all things, upholds all things, and governs all things. God is all-powerful, all-knowing, and present everywhere. 1 John 5:7-8
God the Father is an infinite, personal Spirit perfect in every way: holiness, wisdom, power, and love. He hears and answers prayer and interacts with mankind. 1 Corinthians 8:6; Ephesians 4:6; James 1:17
Jesus Christ, God's only begotten Son, conceived by the Holy Spirit - fully God and fully man. Born of a virgin, as predicted by Scripture, He lived a sinless life and performed miracles while on Earth. He accepted death on the cross as a sacrifice for our sins and was raised from the dead on the third day. He revealed himself to many before returning to Heaven as predicted in Scripture. We believe He will return to earth again.
The Holy Spirit is the third person of the Godhead. We believe that at salvation the Holy Spirit regenerates and indwells and seals every believer in the Lord Jesus Christ. He is our comforter, helper, teacher, and guide. (1 Corinthians 12:13; Matthew 12:31; Ephesians 4:4-6; John 14:26) The Holy Spirit helps to conform us to the likeness of Christ. We also believe that the Holy Spirit empowers us to live as witnesses for Christ and that comes from an experience of the Holy Spirit coming upon a believer to empower them as we see in the book of Acts.
That event of being filled or baptized in the Spirit needs to translate into a lifestyle of continuing to be filled, led, and empowered by the Holy Spirit as Paul teaches in Ephesians 5:18. We believe that all the gifts of the Holy Spirit are available to His church today just like they were in the Early Church. John 14:16-17;
Our sin separates us from a Holy God. We all sin, both by nature and by choice. The only way we can have a relationship with God is by turning from our sin and accepting Jesus Christ as both Savior and Lord.
We water baptize new believers and regularly take communion. These practices were instituted by Christ, taught by the apostles, and practiced by the early church. God's ordinances demonstrate our living faith and obedience to Christ. Matthew 28:19-20; 1 Corinthians 11:23-25
We believe that God created mankind male and female. Men and women are both created in the image of God, and as such, they are equal in value, dignity, and worth, but different in function so as to complement and complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. Therefore, we perform marriages in accordance with the Bible consistent with the Old and New Testament precepts 1 Corinthians 7:1-3; Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:4-6
CALVARY CHAPEL MISSION STATEMENT
WIN a person to Jesus Christ - New converts bring excitement and infuse freshness into a body.
He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation.” Mark 16:15
DISCIPLE a person in Jesus Christ - Equipping believers gets them grounded in the Word. During this disciplining process, the person is being conformed to be like Jesus Christ. God has left all believers here on earth so that the Holy Spirit might indwell and empower them:
To think like Jesus thought………………………………. Mind of Christ
To minister like Jesus did…………………………………. Works or Ministry of Christ
To be like Jesus…………………………………………………. Character of Christ
“Therefore, go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.” Matthew 28:19 -20
SEND a person for Jesus Christ - The world is in darkness and surviving without hope. Christians have been called to go and bring light and hope to these hurting people. We must have the compassion of Jesus.
“But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth." Acts 1:8
CALVARY CHAPEL CORE COMMITMENTS
If you have made a decision to follow Christ, then the 5 C's are your roadmap to an exciting walk with God! They are the key elements we find in Scripture that helped the disciples turn their world upside down! And for that reason, they're the heart and soul of who we are at CCM.
Be a growing follower of Christ. A committed Christ follower no longer leads his life; he chooses to follow God in full obedience to Him.
Live the fulfilling lifestyle. Here at CCM we celebrate our
new life in Christ 24/7! He knows us by name, He forgives all our sins, He
directs our steps, He gives us the power and desire to live for Him.
To others in personal vibrant relationships.
Share the good news to everyone everywhere. Jesus said, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation."