The Bible says that God is our ever-present help in times of need. He is the One we can run to and ask for help any time, any day, anywhere we might be, and for any purpose we might need. And He won't just help us in our trouble, but He will help us with whatever need we have.
As we watch a potential category 5 hurricane off the coast of our shores, the enemy does what he can to make us fearful. The storm off our coast, Dorian, has slowed down to a crawl, making it even worse. The longer we wait, the more the anxiety can grow. So how can we wait in victory?
Remember, our God:
• Is our Almighty, Living God: That is why we labor and strive, because we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all people, and especially of those who believe. (1 Timothy 4:10)
• Speaks to us: For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. (Hebrews 4:12)
• Is a loving Father: No, the Father himself loves you because you have loved me [Jesus speaking] and have believed that I came from God. (John 16:27)
• Cares for His children: The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. (Romans 8:16) You have searched me, Lord, and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. 3 You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. (Psalm 139:1-3)
• Seeks us out: "For the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost." (Luke 19:10)
God’s desire is for a personal relationship with the man and woman [that’s you and me] He created. God has used nearly every relationship of personal commitment we know to reveal Himself to us. He knows every one of us and that includes YOU! Lean on Him in your times of trouble.
Scripture references from NIV unless otherwise noted.
Based on The Unholy Trinity, the Tribulation, and God’s Judgment on August 31st, 2019 - Watch Sermon