June 24, 2020
If you want to be kind and loving, get to know God
Proverbs 3:3 Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart.
Proverbs 16:6 Through love and faithfulness sin is atoned for; through the fear of the LORD evil is avoided.
Proverbs 20:28 Love and faithfulness keep a king safe; through love his throne is made secure.
Proverbs 20:6 Many claim to have unfailing love, but a faithful person who can find?
Exodus 34:6-7 And he passed in front of Moses, proclaiming, "The LORD, the LORD, the compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness, maintaining love to thousands, and forgiving wickedness, rebellion and sin. Yet he does not leave the guilty unpunished; he punishes the children and their children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation."
· If you want to be kind and loving, get to know God
· 1: God loves to show love
· 2: To understand the depth of God’s kindness, we must see our sin the way he sees it
· 3: God’s people are defined by his love
Proverbs 10:12 Hatred stirs up conflict, but love covers over all wrongs.
· We love when we serve instead of fight
Proverbs 14:21 Whoever despises his neighbor is a sinner, but blessed is he who is generous to the poor.
Proverbs 14:31 Whoever oppresses a poor man insults his Maker, but he who is generous to the needy honors him.
· We love when we respond to the needs around usAll Bible references are from the New International Version (NIV) unless otherwise noted. NLT = New Living Translation.