September 09, 2020
The fear of God empowers us to be fearless for God
· Is there any aspect of your life that you are reserving the right to make the final determination?
2 Chronicles 7:14 If My people who are called by My name humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and heal their land.
Proverbs 1:7 The fear of the Lord [FOG] is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
· True knowledge and wisdom begins with reverential subordination to God.
· The FOG is the beginning of knowledge.
1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.
· FOG produces godly humility.
Proverbs 15:33 (NLT) Fear of the Lord teaches wisdom; humility precedes honor.
Proverbs 22:4 (NLT) True humility and fear of the Lord lead to riches, honor, and long life.
Isaiah 6:5 “So I (Isaiah) said: “Woe is me, for I am undone! Because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts.”
· Paul on the road to Damascus fell to the ground in response to God’s presence.
Isaiah 6:8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for Us?” And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”
· FOG calls for and instills obedience.
John 14:15 “If you love me, obey my commandments.”
· FOG develops godly courage.
Joshua 1:8-9 Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it [OBEDIENCE]. Then you will be prosperous and successful. 9Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”
Proverbs 24:5 The wise prevail through great power, and those who have knowledge muster their strength.
· FOG helps us avoid sin.
Proverbs 16:6 (NLT) Unfailing love and faithfulness make atonement for sin. By fearing the Lord, people avoid evil (sin).
Psalm 103:11-12 For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is His love for those who fear Him; 12 as far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us.
· Text YES to 321-574-6970 if you have chosen to accept Jesus as you Lord and Savior.All Bible references are from the New International Version (NIV) unless otherwise noted. NLT = New Living Translation.