February 17, 2021
God will finish what He starts
· Warren Wiersbe: “Faith does not demand explanations; faith rests on promises.”
Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
· Promise Principle #1: God can take the broken pieces of our lives and make them into a mosaic that is even more beautiful than the original.
Romans 8:18 For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
John 14:15 (NASB) If you love Me, you will keep My commandments.
· Promise Principle #2: God’s promises are based on His eternal perspective for our eternal good.
Isaiah 46:10 I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say, ‘My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please.’
Romans 8:29 For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters.
Ephesians 2:6,7 (NLT) For he raised us from the dead along with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ Jesus. 7 So God can point to us in all future ages as examples of the incredible wealth of his grace and kindness toward us, as
· Promise Principle #3: From God’s perspective, His promises are already accomplished.
Romans 8:38-39 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
· Promise Principle #4: Nothing can ever make God stop loving us!
· Big Takeaway: God will finish what He starts.
Philippians 1:6 (ESV) And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.All Bible references are from the New International Version (NIV) unless otherwise noted. NLT = New Living Translation.