April 07, 2021
God gives each and every one of us a divine purpose for our lives. As we learn together, we will find how to walk in that purpose and live a grace filled life.
Ephesians 1:1-14 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, To the saints in Ephesus, the faithful in Christ Jesus: 2 Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. 3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. 4 For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love 5 he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will— 6 to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves. 7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace 8 that he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding. 9 And he made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ, 10 to be put into effect when the times will have reached their fulfillment — to bring all things in heaven and on earth together under one head, even Christ. 11 In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will, 12 in order that we, who were the first to hope in Christ, might be for the praise of his glory. 13 And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, 14 who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession — to the praise of his glory.
· Outline of the Book of Ephesians
· The Wealth of the Believer- 1-3
· The Walk of the Believer- 4-6:9
· The Warfare of the Believer - 6:10-6:24
· We find purpose in- Knowing that God chose us to receive His gift of grace
· Chuck Swindoll: “This truth was never meant to divide but to bring enormous comfort and hope the difficulty is we cannot full grasp it and keep it in balance… that’s the problem… we are the problem”
· Election- refers to God’s people (once we are saved)
· Predestination- refers to our purposes as His people
John 3:3 “Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again”
· We find purpose in- Knowing that we have been adopted by God, and as His children we have a rich spiritual inheritance
· We find purpose in- Knowing that we are redeemed and forgiven in Christ
· We find purpose in- Knowing that we are meant to praise God and bring glory to Him through our words and actions
· We find purpose in- Knowing that God has marked us as His own by giving us the Holy Spirit
All Bible references are from the New International Version (NIV) unless otherwise noted. NLT = New Living Translation.