October 13, 2021
We have a mission
Matthew 28:17-20 When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
· 1) We as a church are assured of His power
· 2) We as a church are given a commission
· 3) We as a church are promised His presence
· Jesus has ALL authority!
Matthew 7:24-25 "Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock.
· Missionary = a person with a mission
· Charles Spurgeon: “Every Christian is either a missionary or an imposter.”
· Jesus has called all of us to GO! We are to share our faith with others, it is our mission.
· “Go”= “as you are going”
Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.
Mark 10:45 “For even the son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for many.”
· We are called to love and serve others like Jesus did.
Ephesians 6:6-7 “Obey them not only to win their favor when their eye is on you, but like slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from your heart. Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not man.”
· We are called to have character like Jesus- be people of integrity, humble and full of grace
· Billy Graham: “Integrity means that if our private life was suddenly exposed, we’d have no reason to be ashamed or embarrassed. Integrity means our outward life is consistent with our inner convictions.”
Proverbs 11:2 When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom.
· Abraham Lincoln: “What kills a skunk is the publicity it gives itself."
· Andrew Murray: “Humility is the only ROOT from which the genuine fruit of the Spirit can grow.”
Matthew 11:29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
1 Peter 3:15 “But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect.”
1 Corinthians 2:4-5 “My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit’s power, so that your faith might not rest on human wisdom, but on God’s power.”
· We are called to be filled with the POWER of the Holy Spirit.
· When we are filled with the Holy Spirit (HS) we:
· Have power and boldness to be a witness for Jesus
· Possess an increased ability to overcome sin
· See the scriptures come alive in new ways
· Receive gifts to help us in our ministry for Christ
· Text YES to 321.574.6970 if you have accepted Jesus as your Lord and SaviorAll Bible references are from the New International Version (NIV) unless otherwise noted. NLT = New Living Translation.