November 24, 2021
Giving thanks is one of the best indicators of the condition of our hearts before God
Philippians 2:14-15a Do everything without grumbling or arguing, 15 so that you may become blameless and pure, “children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation.”
Colossians 3:12-14 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. 13 Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. 14 And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.
Galatians 5:22-25 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.
· Be Thankful – Be filled with and walk in the Holy Spirit
Colossians 3:15 Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.
· How to experience the peace of Christ
· 1. Trust Christ as Savior and Lord
· 2. Know what pleases Christ by knowing Scripture
· 3. Follow Christ’s will in personal obedience
Colossians 3:16 Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts.
· The message of Christ dwells among us richly as we:
· Read and study the Word of God regularly in context
· Meditate on God’s Word
· Memorize God’s Word
· Apply God’s Word to our daily lives
Colossians 3:17 And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
· Be The Difference – Not just at Thanksgiving, but all the time!
John 13:34-35 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”
· Text YES to 321.574.6970 if you have accepted Jesus as your Lord and SaviorAll Bible references are from the New International Version (NIV) unless otherwise noted. NLT = New Living Translation.