Good News During the Worst Time on Earth
Mark Balmer - Sunday, September 8th 2019 - 2 Thessalonians 2:4
- The Antichrist’s plan for world domination = one world government, one world religion and a one world economic system.
- During the Tribulation, evil will flourish through the unholy trinity - the devil, the antichrist and the false prophet
- But Jesus tells us about Satan’s deceptive plan
Matthew 24:15 “So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination that causes desolation,’ spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand—
2 Thessalonians 2:4 He (the Antichrist) will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God.
- This final abomination will bring the desolation of the whole earth as God will now pour out His judgement and wrath. The next 3 ½ year period is called the GREAT tribulation.
Revelation 6:1 I watched as the Lamb opened the first of the seven seals. Then I heard one of the four living creatures say in a voice like thunder, "Come!"
- Jesus breaks each seal, which sets in motion God’s judgment on the earth.
Matthew 24:21-22 For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now—and never to be equaled again. 22 If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened.
- Warfare and bloodshed, widespread famine, plague, cosmic terrestrial disturbances, including earthquakes and stars falling to the earth and many believers are martyred for their faith
- 125-pound hailstones, the sea and rivers are turned into blood, all the major cities of the earth are destroyed, an army of demons torment men for 5 months, yet man cannot die.
- The Bible tells us that about two-thirds of the earth’s population will be killed during the tribulation
Revelation 6:17 For the great day of their wrath has come, and who can stand?"
- There will be GOOD News during the worst time on earth
- The greatest worldwide revival will happen during the tribulation
- God will use Jewish witnesses, two special prophets, an Angelic witness and Gentiles converts to share the gospel
Revelation 7:4 Then I heard the number of those who were sealed: 144,000 from all the tribes of Israel.
Revelation 14:1 Then I looked, and there before me was the Lamb, standing on Mount Zion, and with him 144,000 who had his name and his Father's name written on their foreheads.
Revelation 11:3 And I will give power to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days, clothed in sackcloth."
Revelation 14:6-7 Then I saw another angel flying in midair, and he had the eternal gospel to proclaim to those who live on the earth-to every nation, tribe, language and people. 7 He said in a loud voice, "Fear God and give him glory, because the hour of his judgment has come. Worship him who made the heavens, the earth, the sea and the springs of water."
Matthew 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.
2 Peter 3:8-9 But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. 9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.
- During the tribulation millions will be saved but many will be killed (martyred) for their faith
Revelation 6:9-10 When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained. 10 They called out in a loud voice, "How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?"
Revelation 7:9 After this I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands.
- A great multitude of people are going to come to Christ during the tribulation and there won't be any way to number them. They represent all the nations and tribes and the peoples and the tongues from all over the earth. What does this incredible revival say to Christ Followers (CFs) TODAY?
Mark 16:15 (NLT) and then he told them, “Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone.
- Lost people STILL matter to God, do they matter to US?
- CCM 5 C’s – Communicate the Good News to everyone everywhere
2 Corinthians 4:4 The god of this age (Satan) has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.
- What does this incredible revival say to unbelievers TODAY?
John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
- YOU need to do 5 things. (Don’t let your pride keep you from Heaven)
- Recognize that you are a sinner
- Recognize that Jesus Christ died on the cross for you.
- Repent of your sins – turn around and follow God
- Receive Jesus as your personal Savior- it is a gift
- Do it today – there is no time to waste; today is the day of salvation
All Bible references are from the New International Version (NIV) unless otherwise noted. NLT = New Living Translation.