What is Prayer Culture?
"Therefore, God elevated him to the place of highest honor and gave him the name above all other names, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue declare that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." Phil. 2:9-11
Prayer Culture - A Passion and Zeal for Praying!
At Calvary Chapel, PRAY FIRST, PRAY RIGHT, and PRAY OFTEN is what we strive to achieve in our daily prayer life. The very foundation of our relationship with Jesus lies in how intimately we connect to Him in prayer. Our faith can easily be derailed if we do not communicate consistently and effectively with Him. We want to start the NEW YEAR by discovering a PASSION and ZEAL for PRAYER.
We can miss the benefits of prayer if we do not PRAY RIGHT. Possessing a PASSION and ZEAL for prayer requires a sense of URGENCY to pray and when we pray. An URGENT heart that does not want to miss the opportunity to petition Christ, is PERSISTENT, staying at it, and not giving up on experiencing the power of prayer. When we know that God's blessings are sufficient to meet ALL of our needs, when we pray we will have an OPTIMISTIC, hopeful attitude that is filled with confidence about what God is going to do for the future. When we experience God being pleased with our prayers and we've received His response, it will make us CONTINUE to return to Him, again, and again.
PRAYER is real dialogue and communion with God and has the potential to transform our lives through the divine altering of circumstances and people, or by changing our own perception. There is not a limited amount we can pray. Prayer connects us to GOD - the almighty, sovereign, ruler of all time and eternity. The benefits of prayer are endless! As we gather together during this Prayer Culture at our campuses to pray, we'll learn from the Word to CONTINUALLY pray with URGENCY, PERSISTENCE, and OPTIMISMabout what God is going to do in our lives. He will respond, and He will meet our needs!
Experience the unique prayer culture by joining us January 15-19 for a special time of PRAYER.
Check our CCM Facebook page during the 10 days of Prayer for the latest prayer topics, and join the conversation!
If you cannot be with us in person, we will be live streaming this time of prayer on our website at calvaryccm.com/live
Prayer Together: Monday - Friday, January 15-19 from 6-7am
Prayer at Home: Saturday - Wednesday, January 20-24
Prayer Service: Wednesday, January 24 at 6:30pm
Prayer Together occurs at the Melbourne and Viera campuses and at the Fellowship Center in Sebastian.
Read Matthew 15:21-22
"Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to th eregion of Tyre and Sidon. A canaanite woman from that vacinity came to him, crying out, "Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is suffering form demon-possession." Matthew 15:21-22
Prayer Theme: Possessing a passion and zeal for praying and not wanting to miss an opportunity to petition Christ requires a sense of urgency to pray and when we pray.
- PRAY that God sets people FREE from Satan's power and they COME to the KINGDOM of God.
- PRAY for the Church to have a PASSION and ZEAL for the Word of God.
- PRAY that prayer becomes the NEW NORMAL in our lives.
- PRAY that we have an URGENCY in seeking God's face, to know His WILL for us.
- PRAY that we approach God DAILY with PASSION and ZEAL.
- PRAY that this church is set on FIRE for reaching the LOST.
- PRAY that God FILLS us with the SPIRIT, not to miss any OPPORTUNITIES to ask God to use us.
Read Matthew 15: 23-25
"Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, "Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us." He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel," The woman came and knelt before him. "Lord, help me!" she said." Matthew 15:23-25
Prayer Theme: Not only does God want us to personally possess passion and zeal in our praying, but He wants us to be persistent in it as well!
- PERSISTENTLY thank God for what He has ALREADY done
- PERSISTENTLY pray for a spiritual AWAKENING in our nation
- PERSISTENTLY pray for Israel, for protection and to know Jesus
- PERSISTENTLY pray for God's WILL and WISDOM be revealed to our pastors and elders
- PERSISTENTLY pray for PROVISION and PROTECTION for our CCM missionaries
- PERSISTENTLY pray for the LOST we personally know
- PERSISTENTLY pray for our own SPIRITUAL grow to CONTINUE
- PERSISTENTLY pray for our DAILY provision
Read Matthew 15:26-27
"He replied, "It is not right to take the children's bread and toss it ot their dogs." "Yes, Lord," she said, "but even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their master's table." Matthew 15:26-27
Prayer Theme: God wants us to have an attitude of optimism when we pray. A hopeful attitude. An attitude filled with confidence about what God is going to do in the future.
- God DELIGHTS to spend time with us, so let us ENJOY our time with Him.
- ASK the Holy Spirit to give you a RENEWED sense of OPTIMISM and JOY as you pray.
- PRAISE God that He is GOOD and LOVES to answer our prayers.
- PRAISE God that He has BLESSED us with every SPIRITUAL blessing in the heavenly places in Christ. (Eph. 1:3)
- REALIZE that GOd has PROMISED to supply ALL our needs from His glorious riches in Christ. (Phil. 4:19)
- ASK God to take you DEEPER in prayer this year than you've been in the PAST.
- CLAIM God's PROMISE that He can accomplish INFINITELY more than we might ASK or THINK. (Eph. 3:20)
- PRAISE God that His grace is SUFFICIENT to meet ALL our needs. (2 Cor. 12:9)
Read Matthew 15:28
"Then Jesus answered, "Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted." And her daughter was healed from that very hour." Matthew 15:28
Prayer Theme: When we get a sense that Christ is pleased with our prayers and we have obtained His response, it makes us continue to return to Him, again, and again.
- PRAY for those you love. Appreciated their GOODNESS and ASK for BLESSINGS upon them.
- Lord, HELP me to be REAL in my relationship with YOU.
- Lord, SOFTEN my heart towards those I have DIFFICULTY with, and SHOW me how to pray for them.
- Lord CHANGE any habit of prayer that focuses on MY words instead of listening for YOUR voice.
- PRAY for the SICK, for COMFORT for the bereaved.
- PRAY for faith.
- GIVE thanks for those you pray for, be THANKFUL for them as they are instruments of God to STRENGTHEN your faith.
- God's silence is often difficult to understand. PRAY this: Lord may I NEVER be discouraged by your SILENCE. Be BOLD, be PERSISTENT.
Read Matthew 15:21-28
Prayer Theme: Urgency, persistence, optimism, and continuance
- Be a faithful GROWING and LEARNING disciple of Jesus Christ.
- PRAY that God in His GENTLE loving kindness would MATURE our faith.
- PRAY for the FAITH to ENDURE testing and trials and to be COMMITTED to the process of BECOMING Christ-like.
- PRAY for our MARRIAGES and those of our pastors and church staff.
- PRAY that parents SHEPHERD the hearts and the faith of their children WELL and that parents PRIORITIZE Jesus and the church in the HOME.
- PRAY that the Lord STIR within us an INCREASED passion and zeal for PERSISTENT prayer.
- SURRENDER our grip on OUR ability and TIGHTEN our grip on GOD'S ability to do what He said.