What is Prayer Culture?
"Therefore, God elevated him to the place of highest honor and gave him the name above all other names, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue declare that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." Phil. 2:9-11
Prayer Culture - Praying BIG Prayers of Faith
At Calvary, pray first,, pray right, and pray often is what we strive to achieve in our daily prayer life. The very foundation of our relationship with Jesus lies in how intimately we connect to Him in prayer. Our faith can easily be derailed if we do not communicate consistently and effectively with Him. Starting our day off with prayer sets our focus on God and refreshes our spirit for a new day.
All throughout the Bible we see great prayers of faith. From David’s prayer for God’s glory to Paul’s prayer for deliverance, God heard those prayers and He answered them. Prayer is real conversation with God and has the potential to transform our lives through the divine altering of circumstances and people, or by changing our own perception. There is not a limited amount we can pray. Prayer connects us to God - the same God of the Bible. The benefits of prayer are endless! As we gather together during this Prayer Culture at our campuses to pray, we'll focus on praying big and praying prayers of faith. God will respond, and He will meet our needs!
Experience the power of Prayer Culture by joining us August 20-24 for a special time of prayer.
Check our Calvary Facebook page during the 10 days of Prayer for the latest prayer topics, and join the conversation!
If you cannot be with us in person, we will be live streaming this time of prayer on our website at calvaryccm.com/live
Prayer Together: Monday - Friday, August 20-24 from 6-7am
Prayer at Home: Saturday - Wednesday, August 25-29
Prayer Services: Wednesday, August 22 & August 29 from 6:30-7:30pm
Prayer Together occurs at the Melbourne and Viera campuses and at the Fellowship Center in Sebastian.
MondayToday's Topic: David - A Prayer for God's Glory
Read Psalm 24
"They will receive blessing from the Lord and vindication from God their Savior. Such is the generation of those who seek him, who seek your face, God of Jacob." Psalm 24:5-6
“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened." Matthew 7:7-8
- THANK Him for being the LORD today.
- HELP me Lord to have CLEAN hands and a PURE heart.
- HELP me Lord to hav ea HEART that ALWAYS seeks you.
- THANK you, Lord, for your STRENGTH and LOVE. I NEED you today.
TuesdayToday's Topic: Solomon - A Prayer for Wisdom
Read 1 Kings 3:5-9
"At Gibeon the Lord appeared to Solomon during the night in a dream, and God said, “Ask for whatever you want me to give you.”" 1 Kings 3:5
"If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you." James 1:5
- THANK you, Lord, for your kindness.
- Lord, HELP me to be FAITHFUL with what YOU have given me and called me to.
- Lord, I NEED your wisdom in this (fill in the blank) area of my life.
- Lord, give our leaders YOUR wisdom.
Wednesday AMToday's Topic: Hezekiah - Prayer for the Israel's Defense
Read 2 Kings 19:15-19
"Give ear, Lord, and hear; open your eyes, Lord, and see; listen to the words Sennacherib has sent to ridicule the living God." 2 Kings 19:16
What are idols in your life that need to be let go?
- Lord, THANK you for being the ONE TRUE God who hears us.
- PROTECT our families, our community, and our church.
- PRAY for our country, our service men and women, and our schools.
- PRAY for the nation of Israel.
Wednesday PMToday's Topic: Elijah - A Prayer of Persistence
Read 1 Kings 18:41-46
"Seven times Elijah said, “Go back.” The seventh time the servant reported, “A cloud as small as a man’s hand is rising from the sea.”" 1 Kings 18:43b-44
"I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:14
- THANK you Lord that we have ACCESS to YOU.
- Give THANKS unto the Lord. He WILL answer at the proper time.
- Lord, HELP me to be HUMBLE and PERSISTENT in my prayer life.
- THANK you Lord that you WILL finish what you started.
ThursdayToday's Topic: Paul - Prayer for the Ephesian Church
Read Ephesians 1:15-23
"I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers. I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better." Ephesians 1:16-17
- Lord THANK you for our church.
- PRAY that our church will be KNOWN for good works, serving, and always ready to share.
- PRAY that we will SHARE the GOOD NEWS with great BOLDNESS.
- PRAY we will be COMMITTED to what we are called to.
FridayToday's Topic: Jesus - Three Prayers at Gethsemane
Read John 17
"I’m not asking you to take them out of the world, but to keep them safe from the evil one. They do not belong to this world any more than I do. Make them holy by your truth; teach them your word, which is truth. Just as you sent me into the world, I am sending them into the world. And I give myself as a holy sacrifice for them so they can be made holy by your truth." John 17:15-19
It's okay to pray out loud for ourselves. See Jesus' three prayers.
- THANK you Jesus that you gave it ALL.
- PRAY for UNITY with our spouse, children, and grandchildren.
- Lord HELP me to lay EVERYTHING down and LIVE for you.
- PRAY that as a church body we'll live in HARMONY, with no divisions among us.
Wednesday PMToday's Topic: Paul - A Prayer for Freedom
Read 2 Corinthians 12:7-10 ; James 1:2-4
"Each time he [God] said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me." 2 Corinthians 12:9
- PRAY for FREEDOM in a specific area that you are struggling with.
- Give THANKS to the Lord that while WAITING His grace WILL be sufficient.
- Ask God to GIVE you a reflective attitude of His GOODNESS as you wait upon the Lord.
- Give THANKS to the Lord in this situation that He is DEEPENING your faith.