What is Prayer Culture?
At Calvary Chapel, we PRAY FIRST, PRAY RIGHT, and PRAY OFTEN…
Prayer Culture- The Unlimited Benefits of Jesus Christ!
“Therefore, God elevated him to the place of highest honor and gave him the name above all other names, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue declare that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.” Phil. 2:9-11
The very foundation of our relationship with Jesus lies in how intimately we connect to Him in prayer. Our faith can easily be derailed if we do not communicate consistently and effectively with Him. Prayer is a personal conversation with God; it should be open and honest (not complicated or contrived) with equal parts of speaking and listening. There is not a limited amount we can pray. Prayer connects us to GOD – the almighty, sovereign, ruler of all time and eternity. The benefits of prayer are endless! Yet we forget, replace, rush through, or entirely skip our time with Him.
We can miss the benefits of prayer if we do not pray right. Knowing we are supposed to pray, sometimes we rush through request but completely miss the POWER, PURPOSE, and POINT of prayer! Our prayers can become an item we check off on our to do list instead of a genuine exchange with our Creator. When there is no personal reflection, real concern for others, or earnest search for God’s will, then have we truly connected to Him at all?
Prayer- real dialogue and communion with God – has the potential to transform our lives through the divine altering of circumstances and people, or by changing our own perception. Prayer can renew our thankfulness, stir our conscience, bring hope in despair, and align our perspective with HIS. Our words become kinder, our thoughts become purer, our futures become brighter, and God’s purpose in our lives becomes unstoppable. Seeking God through prayer allows us to develop all the facets of who He created us to be!
Experience the unique prayer culture by joining us August 14-18 for a special time of PRAYER.
Check our CCM Facebook page during the 10 days of Prayer for the latest prayer topics, and join the conversation!
If you cannot be with us, we will be live streaming this time of prayer on our website: https://www.calvaryCCM.com/media/live-streaming.
Prayer Together: Monday - Friday, August 14-18 from 6-7am
Prayer at Home: Saturday - Wednesday, August 19-23
Prayer Service: Wednesday, August 23 at 6:30pm
Prayer Together occurs at the Melbourne and Viera campuses and at the Fellowship Center in Sebastian.
Read Romans 16:27; 1 Timothy 1:17; Jude 1:25
"All glory to the only wise God, through Jesus Christ, forever. Amen." Romans 16:27
Prayer Theme: We will boldly ask and receive from Him all necessary insight, guidance, and direction for our lives today.
- PRAY that as God speaks we move forward in faith!
- PRAY that nothing holds us back from approaching Him boldly to know His will.
- PRAY that the Church is united and on mission from the Kingdom of God!
- PRAY that we daily apply the wisdom we receive.
- PRAY for us to stand still until we know that God is directing our steps.
- PRAY that we give Him Glory for who He is!
Read John 15:15; Hebrews 13:8
"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever." Hebrews 13:8
Prayer Theme: We will enjoy His faithful companionship and rest securely in His always-reliable love and commitment to us.
- KEEP our leaders, families, and church unmoved as we stand upon the ROCK
- Give thanks for the faithfulness of Jesus Christ and His UNCHANGING love and friendship
- Have a better knowledge and understanding of your word so we will better know You and Your will (Col. 1:9-14)
- To live a Spirit-filled life helping us do exactly what God has CALLED us to do
- Tear down any walls we have keeping us from fulfilling Your PURPOSE for our lives
- Make our RELATIONSHIP with You the most important relationship we have
- Keep our relationships Godly and CENTERED on You
Read Matthew 11:28; John 6:35
"Then Jesus said, 'Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.'" Matthew 11:28
Prayer Theme: We will come to Him with all our hurts, disappointments, and fears to receive His supernatural touch of wholeness, encouragement, and peace.
- We come with our WEARINESS and heavy BURDENS - We receive YOUR rest (Matthew 11:28)
- We come with our FEARS and ANXIETIES and ask You to give us a spirit of power love, and sound mind - We receive YOUR peace (2 Timothy 1:7)
- We come to LEARN to pray and to hide Your Word in our heart - We receive YOUR encouragement (Luke 11:1; Psalms 119:11)
- Help us to TRUST in the name of the Lord our God - We receive and proclaim YOUR goodness (Psalms 20:7)
- Help us to BELIEVE so we may never thirst again - We receive satisfaction (John 6:35)
- Help us to KNOW you are working out all things for our good - We receive patience (Romans 8:28)
- Help us to WAIT on You - We receive YOUR strength (Isaiah 40:31)
- We come, though we experience TEMPORARY grief, to bring you glory - We rejoice (1 Peter 1:6)
Read John 1:14; 14:6; & 18:37
"Jesus told him, 'I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.'" John 14:6
Prayer Theme: We will come to Him with all our doubts and questions, receiving counsel from His reliable word and consolation (COMFORT) from His Spirit in order to live with confidence.
- PRAY for people whom you know REJECT the TRUTH of God's Word
- PRAY to be GUIDED into ALL truth
- PRAY for our nation's LEADERS to be GUIDED by God's Word
- PRAY for the Holy Spirit to OPEN my heart to His truth
- PRAY for OPPORTUNITY to speak truth into a co-worker's life
- PRAY to WORSHIP in spirit and truth
- PRAY for our campuses to IMPACT their communities with the Word of God
- PRAY to live my LIFE to the glory of Jesus Christ
Read Matthew 1:23; John 1:14; Matthew 28:20
"So the Word became human and made his home among us. He was full of unfailing love and faithfulness. And we have seen his glory, the glory of the Father's one and only Son." John 1:14
Prayer Theme: We will enjoy and practive His wonderful presence in our lives today, knowing that He is with us always.
- PRAISE God that He wants to be with us
- PRAISE God for the gift of Jesus (God came to us)
- PRAISE God that His presence brings comfort
- PRAY that you would be more aware of His presence
- ASK God for peace in situtaions that are causing adversity
- ASK the Holy Spirit to reveal any sin in your life - repent - receive God's forgiveness
- ASK the Holy Spirit to fill your life